Part Time ongoing, working 5 days per fortnight
Ref Number: 12366
Based at: Community Forensic Mental Health Service (Clifton Hill)
Forensicare is the statutory agency responsible for the provision of adult forensic mental health services across Victoria.
This position is located at the Community Forensic Mental Health Service (CFMHS) - Problem Behaviour Program (PBP) in Clifton Hill; 15 minutes from Melbourne’s CBD.
The Clinical Neuropsychologist is responsible for conducting neuropsychologist assessments and interventions with a forensic contexts for individuals who are being assessed or treated by the Problem Behaviour Program (PBP)
The PBP is a special state-wide agency that works with individuals who may have a mental health illness and who have offended, or are at risk of offending.
- Make appropriate recommendations for the care and management of referred patients including interventions designed at cognitive and behavioural rehabilitation from brain dysfunction across multiple domains.
- Provides independent neuropsychological reports as required.
- Provision of advice and consultation to PBP clinicians and external stakeholders (e.g., Correction, AMHS) in relation to the care and management of clients with neuropsychological impairments.
Qualification, skills and experience:
- Masters or Doctorate degree in Clinical Neuropsychology from an APS accredited course or equivalent.
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- At least five years’ experience as a neuropsychologist.
Forensicare values a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
This position is subject to a Police Check.
Forensicare promotes the following values: responsiveness, integrity, impartiality, accountability, respect and leadership; and promotes behaviours that are consistent with these values at all times. Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and offers a smoke free environment.
For more information contact Aleskandra Belofastov on 0435322962
Applications close: 4th May 2017