OVERVIEW OF SMILING MIND
Smiling Mind is Australia’s leading wellbeing not-for-profit, providing free App-based, pre-emptive mental health programs. Since its launch in 2012, Smiling Mind has reached over 1,800,000 App downloads, 23,000 Education Program users, and partnerships with the likes of IBM, Cricket Australia, beyondblue, ReachOut.com, and the Red Cross. Smiling Mind’s vision is to see Mindfulness Meditation on the Australian Curriculum by 2020.
All Smiling Mind programs are based on mindfulness meditation. Our technology based programs (app and web) provide age and topic based mindfulness programs. We run a range of programs in person and using our technology platforms, across school and workplace settings as well as programs for individuals. Many of our programs are offered free of charge, through the Smiling Mind app, and we also offer a range of professional training programs that are offered on a fee-for-service basis.
Our program content is designed to be accessible, engaging and fun for all audiences and inspire each individual to bring mindfulness practices into their lives.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Smiling Mind facilitator and content development manager role will be the lead inhouse program expert who will be responsible for the delivery of Smiling Mind workshops and training across our workplace, education and general community programs.
Facilitation of our workshops and training programs will be the primary focus of the role, however content and program development will also be an important part of this key role. You will provide expert oversight and guidance in the strategic direction of our programs, alongside our program managers.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Belief in the purpose and philosophy of Smiling Mind
- A clinical background with relevant qualifications (e.g. psychology)
- Expertise and training in mindfulness and related therapeutic approaches (at least 3 years experience)
- Experience in group facilitation and training
- Experience in program development and planning
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Accountability, ability to work to timelines and manage competing tasks
- Ability to build and foster relationships
- A belief in mindfulness, its practice, and its ability to support mental health
- To facilitate workshops and training programs as part of the workplace and education programs both in Victoria and interstate (where required)
- To facilitate webinar and other technology assisted training (e.g. live meditation via webinar or other platforms) where required.
- To facilitate training or educational seminars/lectures about the Smiling Mind programs at conferences and other related events.
- To attend meetings with possible clients to present information about our programs and explore the benefits of mindfulness meditation for the client.
- Seek feedback from customers about program content and use this information to further improve our programs and develop new programs and supporting materials.
- Manage all consultant facilitators that Smiling Mind engages from time to time. This will include being the key contact for all consultant facilitators, organizing professional development opportunities and facilitator training.
- To work alongside the program managers to develop a content development strategy that ensures ongoing future development of program materials.
- Oversee the development of program materials to ensure a coordinated and integrated range of programs.
- Write program materials including content for PowerPoint presentations, scripts for meditations and facilitator training materials.
- Develop tailored program materials as requested by schools or organisations.
- Understand and review the current literature and market trends in bringing mindfulness into the workplace and education setting and ensure that the Smiling Mind programs utilize the latest research.
- Stay abreast of competitor programs and ensure Smiling Mind is providing a clinically beneficial program with a unique offering that incorporates the latest information.
- A warm, friendly and engaging approach
- Friendly, open and helpful email/phone brand/tone
- Prompt follow up and reply within 24 hour period
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple competing tasks
- Manage relationships with internal staff and key external partners
- Meet deadlines as set by yourself and/or at reporting meetings
- Contribute to overall direction, image and brand of Smiling Mind
Workplace and Education managers on a weekly basis as well as CEO on a monthly basis.
Creativity, Integrity, Intelligence, Charm, Sense of Humour, Passion for Problem Solving, Initiative, Persistence (ie. Never Gives Up), Purpose-Driven, Thrives on Change, Follows Through, Competitive, Challenges the Status Quo, Positive.
This is a full-time, ongoing position.
To be determined based on skills and experience.
Please send a detailed cover letter outlining how you meet the required skills and experience listed in the job description as well as 3-5 minute video of yourself presenting an introduction to what mindfulness is. This video can be roughly produced (for eg on your iphone) and will provide us with an insight into your presentation style and approach. Imagine you were explaining mindfulness to a group who didn't know much about what mindfulness or meditation was.