- Permanent, part time role, minimum 2 days per week negotiable
- Approx. $65k to $97k p.a. salary package range including superannuation (pro rata applicable for part time)
- Tax-effective PBI salary packaging benefits
- Itinerant role servicing North East Melbourne, VIC
About Aspect: Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) is Australia’s largest national specialist autism provider, delivering services to people within NSW, ACT, Victoria & SA. Aspect provides a range of centre and community based services, focussing on education, early intervention, skills development, community engagement, and self-directed options for people on the autism spectrum.
About the role: Work within a trans-disciplinary team of therapists including speech pathologists, occupational therapists, psychologists, special educators & social workers. Develop, deliver & evaluate evidence based, individualised services across a range of settings within the specified region. Work with individuals on the autism spectrum &/or other developmental disabilities through individualised school, home & community based programs. Build capacity of families, care givers & the broader community to develop the strengths of each individual & to promote & encourage engagement within their community.
Ideally we are looking for candidates who are active in and have strong networks within this local area. Travel between community settings & home visits within the specified region is required.
- Work in partnership with families to plan, set goals, deliver & evaluate programs & services
- Develop programs built on pre-existing family strengths to strengthen the overall functioning of the family unit
- Deliver programs that are embedded into the every day routine of families
- Provide strategies for ongoing skills development & social inclusion of each individual on the spectrum
- Support the development of individuals on the autism spectrum by providing comprehensive, individualised assessments & programs
- Develop, deliver & evaluate Individualised Family Service Plans in collaboration with families, colleagues & other services
- Ensure programs & services are underpinned by Positive Behaviour Support strategies & practices
- Empower families & assist other professionals to understand & promote strengths of individuals on the spectrum
- Deliver workshops & training to other professionals
- Work within a trans-disciplinary team & collaborate with internal & external professionals
Essential skills, experience & qualifications:
- Degree or higher qualification in Psychology
- Fully registered with AHPRA
- Sound understanding of contemporary, evidence based approaches to the design & delivery of intervention programs for individuals on the autism spectrum or developmental disabilities
- Knowledge, skills & experience with family focussed & person centred practice
- Capacity to work autonomously & as part of a team
- Strong communication skills
- Current valid driver’s licence & use of own vehicle for business purposes
- Victorian Working With Children Check clearance for paid employment
- Current first aid qualification preferred
A police check is a requirement. Aspect will arrange this.
What we offer: A competitive package will be based on relevant qualifications & experience. As a Public Benevolent Institution (PBI), Aspect employees receive tax-effective salary packaging opportunities including $15,899 each year tax free. This means you can increase the value of your take-home pay.
Please apply to view the Position Profile.
Aspect is a Public Benevolent Institution and EEO employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.