- State-of-the-art facility at Ravenhall
- Multiple P3 positions (full time & part time)
- Free onsite parking, September 2017 commencement
Welcome to Forensicare.
Established in 1997, Forensicare is a dedicated state-wide specialist service providing quality forensic mental health services. 2017 brings us exciting changes as we significantly expand our services across our prison and hospital services.
Due for completion in November this year, the Ravenhall Correctional Centre in Melbourne’s west, is an exciting new development with a purpose-built forensic mental health facility. This facility will dramatically improve the care of mentally ill offenders in Victoria’s prison system. It will also significantly expand the capacity and scope of our organisation, offering unique opportunities for our staff to advance their professional skills in line with world-class clinical and mental health service provision.
About the role
Commencing in September, and working within a multidisciplinary team, the Senior Psychologist works on a unit within Ballerrt Yeram-boo-ee with mentally disordered offenders. The position provides a high level of clinical psychological expertise to Forensicare services at Ballerrt Yeram-boo-ee.
The responsibilities and tasks will include:
- Providing high level consultation and advice on complex clinical matters;
- Completing psychological reports for court as required;
- Contributing to special projects, committees and working parties - including the development of policies and procedures;
- Providing consultancy and advice to other agencies and key stakeholders;
- Participating in the training and supervision of psychology placement students, interns and staff of other disciplines where appropriate.
Skills and experience
We are looking for psychologists who are committed to mental health consumer recovery, are registered as a Psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA), and have a Masters or Doctorate degree in Clinical Psychology from an APS accredited course or equivalent.
We have some other relevant requirements, which are contained in the Key Selection Criteria found in the Position Description.
We value our staff and provide a range of benefits including:
- Salary Packaging;
- Excellent leave entitlements;
- Full orientation & ongoing training;
- Career development opportunities;
- Access to Critical Incident Stress Management and Employee Assistance Programs.
If you have the skills, experience, qualifications and drive to make a difference we would love to hear from you!
We value a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.