Psychologist Grade 2
Full Time and part time ongoing opportunities
Ref number: 12367
Based at: Thomas Embling Hospital, Fairfield
Forensicare is the statutory agency responsible for the provision of adult forensic mental health services across Victoria.
Forensicare is situated across five sites across Victoria with its largest site being Thomas Embling Hospital, located in Fairfield just 15 minutes north of the Melbourne CBD. Thomas Embling Hospital operates a 116 bed facility providing acute care, rehabilitation and continuing care services
About the role:
The psychologist at Thomas Embling Hospital works on a unit with mentally disordered offenders as a member of the multidisciplinary team
- Provides a full range of psychological services and advice on the management and treatment of patients
- Contributes to patient risk assessment and risk management in conjunction with the multi-disciplinary team.
- Provides specialist psychological, psychometric and psychodiagnostic assessments and reports where necessary.
- Provides individual and/or group interventions as appropriate.
- Qualification, skills and experience:
- Registered as a Psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Masters or Doctorate degree in Clinical Psychology from an APS accredited course or equivalent; OR
- Doctorate degree in Forensic Psychology from an APS accredited course or equivalent.
- Previous working experience in a mental health facility, or a forensic mental health service would be an advantage.
Applications close: 30th April 2017