EMPHN is looking for a Mental Health Clinician to join our Referral and Access Team to provide effective and timely care of people in the community with a range of mental health issues and complex needs. This role will be responsible for the further triage and assessment of the more complex needs or referrals to ensure the client is allocated to the most appropriate mental health services to best support their needs. The position will also be engaging with key stakeholders to further promote the service and EMPHN Mental Health Commissioned services.
This role is expected to work closely with the Intake Support Officers, other EMPHN staff and mental health services to meet the client’s needs and provide the best possible outcome through effective engagement with clients and their families, and referrers.
This is a full time position - however part time may be considered for the right applicant.
The person we are looking for
You will utilise your strong assessment skills to inform the subsequent allocation of the client to the most clinically appropriate commissioning service or facilitate a referral to another external service under the ‘No Wrong Door’ philosophy in collaboration with other service system stakeholders. Furthermore, you will provide clinical expertise to complex referrals whilst also supporting service development and capacity building with stakeholders regarding EMPHN Mental Health Commissioned services. With drive and creativity, you will be instrumental in creating a client-centered approach to service access, particularly with clients who find it difficult to access and engage mainstream services.
The successful applicant must hold current Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) registration as:
1. a psychologist;
2. a nurse with AHPRA, Nursing & Midwifery board of Australia; or as
3. an accredited mental health social worker with the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW);
4. an Occupational therapist who is registered with the Occupational Therapy Board of Australia, with a minimum of 4 years post graduate experience in a clinical mental health setting.
In addition the successful applicant will have:
- a minimum of three years community mental health experience, or other relevant experience in a similar role.
- competency in risk assessments, crisis intervention and an understanding of the complex systems of private and public mental health systems.
- ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders in a variety of forums.
- ability to use IT software and knowledge of common medical practice programs utilised by the EMPHN programs.
Eastern Melbourne PHN (EMPHN) is one of the major commissioners of federally-funded health care services in Melbourne, with responsibility for improving the primary health care system. We do this by facilitating health system improvements for people in the eastern and north eastern suburbs of Melbourne.
A maximum term contract to 30 June 2018 will be offered to the successful candidate.
If you are passionate about health and building a leading organisation then we encourage you to apply.