Stream Leader - Aged Persons Mental Health Service, Community Team
Peter James Centre, Burwood
Full time / Part time - minimum 64 hours per fortnight
Fixed term contract until March 30, 2018
We are seeking a Stream Leader (Registered Nurse Grade 4, Occupational Therapist Grade 3, Social Worker Grade 3, or Psychologist Grade 4) to work within the APMHS Community team on either a Full or Part time basis.
The APMHS Community Team offers community recovery orientated services, consultation, assessment and treatment and support to people with a mental illness, and their carers and families from the age of 65+ or age related illnesses who live in the Municipalities of Whitehorse, Manningham, Monash, Maroondah, Knox and Yarra Ranges.
The primary role is to provide treatment and support to consumers via care co-ordination, in a community mental health team operating under a recovery-oriented model of care, utilizing the framework for recovery-oriented practice. Staff focus on working collaboratively with consumers, carers and linked services to promote self-determination and enable progress towards reaching personal recovery goals through: Assertive outreach and intensive support, treatment and recovery focused goal setting, a hope to increase consumers level of community access and independent living skills.
The APMHS Community Team is located at the Peter James centre with South Ward (Aged Persons Inpatient Unit) and other Aged care services such as Northside and ACAS.
For this interesting and dynamic role we require candidates who possess the ability to:
- Form part of the leadership group within the APMHS and provide a senior clinical role within APMHS Community Team.
- To work in collaboration with Consultant Psychiatrists, Stream Leaders, and Manager - APMHS Community Team to provide professional leadership and ensure high quality clinical standards, quality improvement and ongoing development of Aged Care Services
- Take an active role in the ongoing implementation of the recovery approach within the APMHS Community Team model at Eastern Health.
- Practice in accordance with the recovery principles as outlined in ‘A national framework for recovery-oriented mental health services’ (Commonwealth of Australia 2013) and the Collaborative Recovery Model (2017).
- To provide and ensure the delivery of high quality case management services to consumers experiencing a mental illness within a recovery oriented framework.
- To provide care co-ordincation and clinical intervention for the more complex needs consumers within the service.
- Possess knowledge of and the ability to provide effective interventions for consumers with aged related illness, co-occurring mental health and substance use problems.
- To ensure that a range of special evidenced based interventions are provided to assist individual consumers to achieve their own individual recovery.
- Promote the principles and practice of service coordination to ensure that consumers are at the centre of service delivery and receive a timely, coordinated response to their health and social needs.
- At all times works within the professional standards, codes and behaviours that are legislated through the relevant professional bodies and Eastern Health Policy, Standards and Practice Guidelines.
- Ensure service delivery is evaluated in collaboration with the Consultant Psychiatrists and Manager, APMHS Community Team
- Proven recovery-focused case management skills and a record of delivery will ensure your success.
- Work a weekday roster
Eastern Health is the largest public health provider in the eastern suburbs, providing a comprehensive range of high quality acute, sub-acute, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care and community health services to people and communities that are diverse in culture, age, socio-economic status, population and healthcare needs.
If you have the ability and drive to make a difference take hold of this opportunity and apply today!
For full details refer to the Position Description.
For any queries please contact the Manager directly.
You must have the right to permanently live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
Please submit all applications online.