SAL Consulting is a clinical practice that is focused on providing customised support to people and agencies within the health and community services sector, including organisations focusing on supporting children and youth; clients with a disability; and persons with mental heath support needs and their families.
SAL Consulting is seeking a full-time experienced psychologist (therapist). This role provides a therapy and assessment service to children, adolescents and adults with a range of complex issues.
As part of strengthening our presence in the sectors we are currently working in, we are looking to recruit experienced and engaged practitioners for a range of positions.
SAL Consulting strives to offer practitioners varied portfolios of work consistent with their areas of interest and skills, matched with current projects and individual needs. We encourage applicants to consider all aspects of the work SAL Consulting undertakes, and potential opportunity for an integrated and varied position, inclusive of work streams such as Therapy, Training, Assessment, Intervention and/or Clinical Support.
We are looking for a full-time therapist who can:
- Provide therapy to children and adolescents with complex trauma backgrounds who are in out-of-home care
- Provide therapy to clients with an intellectual or developmental disability
- Provide a therapy service for community based referrals
- Provide assessments and psychometric testing
- Travel between various sites in the metropolitan area
The successful applicant will have the following criteria:
- Full registration with AHPRA plus a minimum of 2 years therapy experience
- Medicare registered or eligibility for registration
- A good understanding of developmental neurobiology
- Some knowledge and experience in crisis intervention and managing young people with difficult behaviours and complex trauma backgrounds
- Experience with the treatment and management of mental health issues
- Experience working with clients with disabilities
- Ability to provide parenting support to families in their homes
- A genuine commitment to providing the right therapeutic model based on the individual needs of the client. This may include conventional models of therapy; sensorimotor approach or a neurobiological model of treatment
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Interest in the delivery of group therapy
- Strong work ethic
- Willing to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent level of written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Current drivers license
- Willingness to do some travel (rural areas) when needed