Locations: Victoria Park
to: Practice Manager
Life Resolutions is a dynamic and fast-growing
network of private practices, with a number of convenient locations around Perth,
all with an interesting and diverse client base. We pride ourselves on creating
a warm, supportive and professional environment both for clients and staff.
We are looking for a fully registered psychologist
to work in our Victoria Park private practice across a wide client group
(individuals, couples, and children). The position is available for a minimum
of 2 days per week with the view to increase hours. Given our client group it
is essential to be able to offer some after hours appointment times.
The growing number of private practices
in the Life Resolutions network allows the opportunity to work with other
psychologists and not in isolation. We provide strong induction, supervision
and have excellent practice managers to provide overall support to our staff.
Responsibilities and Duties
Duties and responsibilities of the
psychologist include, but are not limited to:
- Counselling clients for the agreed
hours per week in a private practice setting.
- Preparing for client sessions
- Engaging clients to commit to
- Nurturing relationships with local
referral agencies including liaising with GPs.
- Performing administrative tasks
commensurate with position responsibilities including client preparation
and notes, letters to referrers, report writing, taking payments etc.
- Professional development involves a
continual update of current psychological therapies, procedures,
conditions from attending seminars, courses and programs that are
- Participation in group, peer and/or
The position is for a minimum of 14
hours. Due to our client needs it is essential to be able to offer some after
hours sessions up to 8 pm on some evenings and/or 4pm on Saturdays. These times
and days are flexible.
Criteria for Psychologist Position
- Fully registered Psychologist with
the National Psychologist Board of Australia.
- Registered as a Clinical Psychologist
under the Medicare Scheme
- Member of the Australian
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated skill and experience
in providing psychological interventions
- Demonstrated ability to engage
- Experience with individual, couple
and corporate client groups.
- Able to provide couples/marriage
- Sound computer literacy skills
- Organised and effective time
- Takes own initiative
- Works effectively both autonomously
and as part of a team environment
- Self- motivated, passionate and
Life Resolutions is an equal opportunity
employer and is committed to providing a work environment free of harassment