Rewarding Psychology Role Within a Progresssive & Modern Environment
We are seeking a bright, friendly and mature Psychologist to join our dynamic multidisciplinary team located at a premier pain facility in Hurstville.
A part-time position is currently available to complement our multidisciplinary team which includes Interventional Pain Physicians, Physiotherapists & Psychologists.
About the Company:
A growing private practice with a diverse patient base and enthusiastic team, offering state of the art facilities, is looking for a Clinical / Registered Psychologist to be involved with all aspects of service delivery including a mix of clinical work, from group pain management therapy and individual therapy.
The role involves working side by side with our Group Therapy Coordinator and Physiotherapist in consultation with the Clinical Director and Pain Management experts.
About the Job:
You will work with a wide range of clients to provide an end to end service. You will use your experience to contribute towards the excellent delivery of care and treatment. You will have the opportunity to build on your skills, learn new skills, develop yourself and progress in your career. The position may suit someone with general registration who has recently returned to undertake postgraduate training
- Group session counselling
- Individual counselling of patients
- Participation in regular supervision and case meetings.
- Preparation of client sessions.
- Create management plans
- Administrative tasks: eg session notes, letters to referrers, report writing
- Ongoing professional development
- Attend team meetings & ongoing training when required
Skills and Experience:
- Interest in pain management and rehabilitation
- Empathy and compassion for people in chronic pain
- Strong CBT skills
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal
- Friendly and professional manner
- Reporting skills
- Organisation and time management skills, self-motivated, passionate and driven
- Experience in facilitating group therapy.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team environment
- Completion of Masters or Doctoral Degree in Clinical Psychology
- Experience with CTP and Workers Compensation NSW
- Ability to assist people of non-english speaking backgrounds
- Full psychologist registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Medicare Registration.
- SIRA Registration (or ability to obtain)
Culture and Benefits:
- Progressive and modern environment
- Supportive and dynamic team
- Varied and interesting caseload of clients
- Group therapy & Individual sessions
We are seeking applicants for:
Apart time position for a Monday, Tuesdays and Wednesdays to fit in with clinic requirements.
The successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of registration with the PBA, Professional Indemnity Insurance, Medicare Provider Number and SIRA Registration.
All applicants must have the right to work in Australia