Psychology has grown from being a largely child and family focused practice to one that also now offers support to adult presentations at our Northgate and Warner Clinic locations (with a 3rd location likely in 2018) as well as offering home visits where appropriate. Psychologists also only offer home visits in specific geographical areas, in order to minimise travel time and maximise the number of clients that can be seen.
We are a full fee practice that:
- Rarely provides reduced fee services
- Sees many clients under Private Health Insurance
- Focuses on matching psychologists with client presentations they enjoy working with - not filling psychologists' diaries with low fee or bulk billing clients
- Does not support complex or high risk clients or families - most of our client base are working adults and children within working families that are experiencing common mental health challenges related to anxiety, adjustment and stress.
Brisbane Northside Roles
Our practice is growing quickly on the Northside, and we have a need for 2 more contract psychologists to help us support the referrals we receive.
These roles would be ideal for psychologists that:
- Live on Brisbane Northside and would like to avoid travelling near or into inner city Brisbane for work
- Would like to see clients 2 or 3 days per week
- Have availability to offer appointments between 9am and 5.30pm on at least 2 weekdays (not Fridays)
- Would like to have time off every school holidays throughout the year to be with their children (and not be restricted or penalised by a room rental agreement)
- Enjoy a varied private practice caseload of ages and presentations - seeings adults as well as childre.
- Have clinical experience with adult and child presentations- Please ONLY APPLY if you have experience with, and would like to work with primary aged children as well as adult presentations (who are mostly women with anxiety, adjustment and parenting related issues)
- Are fully registered with AHPRA (not a trainee) and are looking to commence work in the next month or two
are looking to recruit psychologists who value:
A sense of humour
Clear, friendly and prompt communications with clients and team members
Being warm and relatable with clients
Flexibility and adaptability
Using smartphone and web based applications to make practice more efficient - if you have anxiety related to technology use, this job is NOT for you
The sharing of knowledge, skills & resources with peers and an interest in team participation
If you are interested in becoming part of the Changes Psychology team
Please email email@example.com and respond to the following 6 points via email (if you don't answer these questions, and simply send your CV or a general email your application will be deleted immediately):
1. Your full name as it registered with AHPRA (so we can verify you are fully registered)
2. Qualifications and a brief outline of your experience
working with both children and adults as a psychologist (those with experience with both will be favoured for these positions) and in other
relevant roles (maximum 2-3 paragraphs). Or forward through your
CV if it clearly outlines this experience.
3. Please also explain your experience as a contractor psychologist working in Private Practice (if you have any), or if you do not have any experience as a contractor please explain your understanding of how contracting is different to being an employee
4. The suburb you live in and any areas of Brisbane Northside you would be happy to see clients, including our Warner or Northgate Clinics
5. Your availability (and non-availability) to see clients - are there particular days/hours you are looking for OR a
particular client load/income level you would like to achieve each week as a contractor?
6. Your contact mobile number - please include some suitable days/time periods that you could speak on the phone (the call time would be pre-arranged via email).
7. Please list any specific questions you have about the role
will be contacting all applicants within 5 business days of
submitting their applications. Successful applications that meet our criteria, and answer any further questions we have of them via email, will have an informal phone discussion followed by a face to face meeting to discuss their suitability for the role. We aim to recruit new psychologists
to start seeing clients as soon as possible and understand that people will need to transition out of other roles over time.
We look forward to hearing from you!