Adult Community Mental Health Services North
Tasmanian Health Services - North
52 Frankland Street, Launceston, Tasmania
The Tasmanian Department of Health and Human Services seeks to appoint a Senior Clinical Psychologist to join the dedicated and professional Mental Health Services team in Launceston.
This position offers diversity, autonomy and the opportunity to join an innovative and dynamic multidiscipline team. Applicants drawn to these positions will utilise evidence based practices and recovery principles, be self-motivated and offer superior assessment and interpersonal skills. You will be required to contribute to the functioning of the team and to enhance service delivery to our client group. We are looking for someone who enjoys a breadth of activities within a special mental health service providing special assessment, treatment and assertive case management, clinical and professional supervision and inter sectoral liaison and consultancy with other agencies and community sector organisations.
• Challenging and interesting work around clients with complex needs
• A supportive and dynamic work environment
• Continuous professional learning and development opportunities
• Excellent career advancement and training opportunities throughout the DHHS
• The chance to really make a difference
• Salary Packaging
While this vacancy offers you a diversity of work experiences, it’s not all work and no play. Life in Tasmania offers an enviable lifestyle with affordable real estate, stress-free commuting, quality education system and all the services you would expect. Add to this the convenience of being only an hour from Melbourne and easily accessible world heritage wilderness and pristine beaches on your doorstep; with us you can have it all.
Salary:- $101,858- $108,496p.a. plus superannuation and access to salary packaging. Allied Health Professionals (Tasmanian State Service) Agreement 2016, DHHS & THO Allied Health Professional Level 4.
The Tasmanian Health Organisation – North seeks a Senior Clinical Psychologist in the Adult Community Mental Health Services North at 52 Frankland Street, Launceston.
As part of a multidisciplinary team delivering high quality mental health services in accordance with the Mental Health Services Strategic Plan, Mental Health Service principles, National Mental Health Standards, Agency policy, legal requirements and relevant professional competencies, the Senior Clinical Psychologist will:
· Ensure the quality of clinical Psychology services in ACMHS through professional accountability, supervision and participation.
· Take a lead in ongoing service development and inter sectoral liaison.
· Be responsible for the operation of Psychologist services within ACMHS.
· Provide a special Psychology assessment, treatment and case management services to clients of the region’s ACMHS, utilising evidence-based, best practice principles within a collaborative and multidisciplinary framework.
· Participate in the provision of strategic direction, development of policies, and the delivery and evaluation of Psychology services across the continuum of care.
· Act as a consultant to other agencies with regards to the support and management of clients with mental health needs and promote community awareness in relation to mental health.
Note: Please refer to the Statement of Duties for the selection criteria relating to this vacancy. This criteria must be addressed in your application.
Registration/licences that are essential requirements of this role must remain current and valid at all times whilst employed in this role and the status of these may be checked at any time during employment. It is the employee’s responsibility to ensure that registration/licences remain current and to advise the Employer if their circumstances change. This includes notifying the Employer of any new criminal convictions and/or if a registration/licence is revoked, cancelled or has its conditions altered.
· Registered with Psychology Board of Australia and endorsed to practice in the approved area of practice of clinical psychology.
· Current driver’s licence.
· The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre-employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
1. Conviction checks in the following areas:
a) crimes of violence
b) sex related offences
c) serious drug offences
d) crimes involving dishonesty
2. Identification check
3. Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
· Holds or progressing towards relevant post graduate qualifications
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this position is to satisfy a pre-employment check before taking up the appointment, promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
1) Conviction check in the following areas: a) Crimes of violence; b) Sex related offences; c) Serious drug offences; d) Crimes involving dishonesty
2) Identification check.
3) Disciplinary check in previous employment check.
Enquiries to Helen van der Molen, Department of Health and Human Services and Tasmanian Health Organisations, phone (03) 67774985, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
To find out more about this exciting opportunity, please contact Helen van der Molen by calling (03) 67774985 or email email@example.com
Applications close Friday 6 April 2018.
Vacancy No: 5049047
Apply online at www.jobs.tas.gov.au