Life with us:
OYH is a sub-program of NorthWestern Mental Health, Melbourne Health and is integrated with Orygen, National Centre of Excellence in Youth Mental Health, an extensive research program, with a focus on the translation of sound evidence into clinical practice at local, state, national and international levels.
The Clinical Program offers specialist interventions for a range of disorders including psychosis and mood disorders, co-morbid substance use and personality disorders. Clients attending the PACE Clinical Stream are young people (15 -25 years) who are considered to be at ultra-high risk of developing a psychotic illness or have begun to experience a first episode of psychosis.
A job to be proud of:
- Ensure clinical processes are effectively managed, including; allocation of clients, critical incident responses, clinical review, discharges, business and team meetings in consultation with the Continuing Care Team Coordinator and the Clinical Stream Leader
- Manage and undertake mental health and risk assessment, psychological treatment, crisis intervention, family work and systems containment, for the client/carers/system;
- Provide high-quality clinical care based on clinical experience working with young people with serious mental illness
- Undertake case management and associated documentation
- Ensure high standards of clinical care that are congruent with OYH aims – client focused, accessible, responsive and consistent with best practice
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in clinical practice within the mental health field, including young people experiencing mental health disorders
- Ability to develop, implement and evaluate client-centred individual service plans, risk assessments and diagnostic formulations
- Capacity to provide, or develop skills in, integrated assessment, treatment and care for dual diagnosis clients
- Ability to work independently and effectively within a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to participate in policy and service development within the program and in continuous quality improvement through ongoing evaluation of services delivered to clients
Our commitment to you:
- NWMH boasts a sophisticated learning structure and we pride ourselves on supporting continuing professional development.
- We are a values based organisation. A career with us is a rewarding experience, offering great prospects for career diversity and professional advancement
- Attractive salary and working conditions including annual and CPD leave, salary packaging
- Comprehensive Health & Wellbeing Programs including; staff health service, peer support program and EAP
- Reward & Recognition Programs
Connect with us:
Get to know us at www.nwmh.org.au
Melbourne Health is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, ethical practice, and the principles of Cultural Diversity and social inclusion.
Join us to be the first in Care, Research and Learning
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working With Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment prior to commencement.