About the business and the role
Outlook Matters is a community-based psychology practice, based in Melbourne's northern suburbs. Our team of friendly and highly skilled Psychologists work with adults, children, young people and their families. Our focus is on finding creative solutions as diverse and unique as our clients are.
We have ongoing relationships with local schools, medical practices and community organisations, as well as funding bodies, such as Medicare, the TAC, Work Cover, private health funds and the NDIS.
We actively partner with colleagues in regional, rural and remote areas to share resources, collaborate on service development initiatives and engage in ongoing peer support and mentoring.
We value the principles of interprofessional practice and are mindful of issues related to equity and service accessibility.
In addition to our clinical work, we are involved in a range of applied research projects (across Victoria and the Northern Territory) - to better understand and address the mental health and service development needs of some of the most vulnerable people in our community.
We are currently seeking to expand our Clinical Psychology team.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Provide clinical psychology services to clients with a range of presenting concerns;
- Prepare written communication (including letters and reports);
- Liaise with key stakeholders (such as referrers, funding bodies and other treatment providers);
- Foster the ongoing development of strategic business partnerships;
Skills and Experience
- Full registration as a Psychologist with AHPRA;
- Eligibility for Clinical endorsement;
- A minimum of 6 months demonstrable experience in a clinical psychology-related role (Early-Career Psychologist) OR a minimum of 5 years demonstrable experience in a the provision of psychology services (Senior Psychologist);
- Genuine interest in working with a range of client presentations, including those with ongoing psychiatric concerns;
- Sound knowledge of interpersonal/relational approaches to therapy;
- Willingness to foster the development of learning partnerships.
- Previous experience in a private practice setting;
- Some knowledge of our main client groups and funding programs.
Job benefits and perks
- Flexible hours
- Onsite parking
- Regular supervision (including for Clinical endorsement if required)
- Ongoing learning and development
- Opportunities for interstate travel
- Opportunity to become involved in applied community-based research projects (in accordance with interests)
Contact: Rachel Kovacevic (Principal Clinical Psychologist) for more information and/or a Position Description.