Clinical/Forensic Psychologist Grade 3
Full Time, 80 hours per fortnight
- NWMH VFTAC Mental Health/Justice Interface Program
- Senior Clinical Leadership Role
- New position, full time with ADOs
Life with us:
The purpose of this program is to provide enhanced services for those at risk of serious offending, especially through violent behaviour. The role encompasses development of the services that will support and complement the work of the Victorian Fixated Threat Assessment Centre (VFTAC). VFTAC is a newly created service for the identification, assessment and service planning for individuals believed to be at high risk of targeted acts of aggression. NWMH and Monash Health have been funded to provide direct clinical and support services to those identified by the VFTAC, and to support other AMHSs to manage these clients when appropriate.
A job to be proud of:
- Provide clinical leadership and support for peers, junior clinicians.
- Undertake high level assessment, treatment and support of clients.
- Utilise designated risk assessment screening tools.
- Maximise the use of specific intervention skills as appropriate and as required by consumers, their family/carers and the Service.
- Assist in the provision of primary, secondary and tertiary consultation services.
- Work collaboratively with other NWMH services, external agencies and service providers.
- Academic Qualifications and registration in relevant discipline
- Significant post graduate clinical experience in a range of Mental Health settings
- Highly developed mental health assessment skills
- Knowledge and understanding of the Mental Health Act and other relevant legislation, policies, charters and strategic directions of Public Mental Health Services
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Working knowledge and understanding of culturally sensitive issues and practices
- Knowledge and experience of community liaison
Our Commitment to you:
- We are a values based organisation; a career with us is a rewarding experience offering great prospects for career diversity and professional advancement
- NorthWestern Mental Health boasts a sophisticated learning structure and we pride ourselves on supporting continuing professional development
- Attractive salary and working conditions including annual and CPD leave, salary packaging
- Reward & Recognition Programs
- Comprehensive Health & Wellbeing Programs including; staff health service, peer support program and EAP
Connect with us:
Get to know us at www.nwmh.org.au.
Melbourne Health is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, ethical practice, and the principles of Cultural Diversity and social inclusion.
Join us to be the first in Care, Research and Learning
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working With Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment prior to commencement.