Are you interested in:
- Improving lives of young people as part of an interesting and innovative team
- Providing full range of health services, including physical and mental health assessments
- Being a part of a supportive, multidisciplinary team and working part of an inclusive workplace culture at headspace Nundah
If it's yes to the above, and if you want to be part of a fantastic culture creating change in young people's lives then this role is for you...
About the role...
headspace is seeking Private Practitioners, to join our multidisciplinary team supporting people 12-25 years of age living with mental ill-health. As a Private Practitioner your income will be derived directly from Medicare Billings so you will need to be eligible to provide services under the Medicare Benefits Scheme (MBS - Better Access).
As part of Aftercare's headspace team you will:
- Providing high standard assessments of persons experiencing physical and mental health issues.
- Liaising and working with internal and external stakeholders.
- Creating Mental Health Care Plans for internal referrals, Psychiatrist and Allied Health Services.
- Providing high quality, primary health care services to those accessing headspace.
- Respond to medical/health concerns presented by patients including history taking, diagnosis, investigation, treatment and referral as appropriate.
- Encourage and support young people to engage with sexual health and drug and alcohol services as well as preventative health care.
The Right Fit...
The successful candidate will have:
- Current registration with AHPRA, and Medicare Australia.
- Hold one of the following qualifications: Clinical Psychologist, General Psychologist,
- Experience liaising and working with internal and external stakeholders.
Founded in 1907, Aftercare is the longest serving national mental health charity. We provide wide range of services supporting people's journeys to social and emotional wellbeing.
Aftercare is a values-driven organisation. Our people are passionate about their work. Our culture is professional, fun, friendly, rewarding and collaborative. We have over 500 staff in 40 locations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria.
What we can offer you
As a team member within headspace Ipswich you would have access to:
- Caseload of appropriate young people
- Clinical support from the centre intake and assessment team and Clinical Team Leader
- Medical Reception support in book, scheduling and billing
- Access to Clinical Education offered within the Aftercare centres
- Access to funded professional development opportunities
- Peer supervision and private practitioner paid meetings
By sending a cover letter and resume to Headspace.Nundah@aftercare.com.au