Minding Family Townsville offers an exciting opportunity to join our dedicated and motivated team. We currently have 6 clinical / psychologists and an occupational therapist who are committed to providing excellence in allied health therapy in our supportive and welcoming environment. We currently have the capacity to offer 2 positions.
Our practice has a diverse range of referring agencies / medical practitioners and our clinicians work with a wide range of referring problems across the lifespan. We have been well known as a family focused service, however more recently have extended this to incorporate Adolescents and Adults with a range of major Clinical Presentations through to negotiating life challenges. As such, you would be able to work in the area you are able to excel.
We are looking for two clinicians – either part time or perhaps one full time and one part time. You may have some or all of the following skills we are looking for:
· National registration with eligibility for a Medicare Provider Number as well as appropriate Liability Insurance
· Experience working with adolescents and adults and / or experience working with children and families
· Experience in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
· Experience with Family Therapy.
· An interest in relationship counselling
Hoped for Skills:
· Post-graduate qualifications or nearing completion of Post-graduate qualifications
· Membership / eligibility for membership to the APS / APS Clinical College
· Clinical endorsement or working towards clinical endorsement
· Training / experience in Autism Spectrum Disorders an advantage
· A strong understanding of the support families require when their children have Autism Spectrum Disorders or other Disabilities.
Key Attributes That You Will Demonstrate:
· Active team member who looks forward to participating in staff meetings, professional development & peer / individual supervision
· Strong assessment & report writing skills as well as other administrative tasks
· Ability to engage clients effectively
· Ability to develop and maintain relationships with local referral agencies
· Self-motivated, passionate and a strong willingness to continue developing skills
· Flexible and creative thinker.