- Part-time, on - going position
- 38 hours per fortnight, 2.5 days a week
- Orygen Youth Health (OYH) - Visy Cares Hub Sunshine
Life with Us:
Orygen Youth Health (OYH) is a part of NorthWestern Mental Health (NWMH) and provides mental health services for young people aged between 15 and 25 years of age who reside in the western and northwestern regions of Melbourne and are experiencing moderate to severe mood disorders with a range of co-morbid mental health issues.
Our Clinical Program offers specialist interventions for a range of disorders including psychosis and mood disorders, co-morbid substance use and personality disorders. Services include crisis intervention and assessment, inpatient care, individual case management, group and family therapy interventions, intensive outreach services, community consultation and education.
A Job to Be Proud Of:
- Join our multidisciplinary team at Helping Young People Early (HYPE) program in providing mental health services to young people with 3 or more DSM-V BPD criteria, with no specific exclusions for co-occurring psychopathology in both an office based and outreach capacity
- Applicants are expected to have considerable experience in the provision of mental health services to young people generally, with particular interest and experience in treatments appropriate for BPD.
- Undertake mental health and risk assessment, psychological treatment, crisis intervention
- Provide comprehensive case management and psychological therapy to clients
- With appropriate training and experience, provide family work within the HYPE Stream (see position description for more)
- Manage clinical risk and actively work toward implementing risk reduction strategies
- Participate in clinical review meetings
- Participate in ongoing service improvement initiatives and activities.
- Approved tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline
- Eligibility for membership of the appropriate professional body
- Highly developed mental health assessment skills
- Clinical expertise working with young people experiencing mental health disorders
- Knowledge of the rationale and evidence for early intervention in mental illness
- Demonstrated capacity for initiative and work appropriately with limited direction
Our Commitment to You:
- We are a values based organisation, a career with us is a rewarding experience offering great prospects for career diversity and professional advancement
- NorthWestern Mental Health boasts a sophisticated learning structure and we pride ourselves on supporting continuing professional development
- Comprehensive Health & Wellbeing Programs including; Staff Gym, staff health service, peer support program and Employee Assistance Programs
- Rich opportunities for professional development, training and research
Connect With Us:
Get to know us at www.nwmh.org.au
Melbourne Health is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, ethical practice, and the principles of Cultural Diversity and social inclusion.
Join us to be the first in Care, Research and Learning
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working With Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment prior to commencement.