AHA is seeking motivated professionals to visit government schools to facilitate meetings and gather information for this important pilot project.
Australian Healthcare Associates (AHA) is Australia's largest specialist health and human services consulting firm. Based in Melbourne's CBD, we consult to the Australian and State/Territory governments.
About this role
This role is central to the delivery of a major project in relation to inclusive education reform, that AHA is undertaking on behalf of the Victorian Department of Education and Training.
You will visit government schools and facilitate student support group (SSG) meetings. Your role is to guide the group discussion and gather information regarding students' strengths, aspirations, educational needs and adjustments made in the school environment. The SSG will usually comprise of the principal, teacher and parent/carer/guardian. Information gathered during the meeting will be entered into a data collection tool and reported to the Department.
We have roles in the South-West and South-East regions of Victoria, as well as greater Melbourne.
You will be engaged as a casual employee till end November 2018 with excellent remuneration, training and ongoing support. The role would suit candidates who are available to work 4-5 days per week and available to start immediately.
- Qualifications as an Education/Developmental Psychologist or Speech Therapist or special education teacher
- Understanding a range of disabilities and additional needs school-age children may experience
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to guide and influence group discussion
- Experience working in the school environment
- Excellent attention to detail combined with an ability to work under pressure and rapidly read, review and assess information
- Ability to write concise and accurate reports
- Ability to attend training and team meetings at AHA's Melbourne CBD offices, as required
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills
- Familiarity with the Program for Students with Disabilities
If you wish to be considered to join our team, please send:
- Cover letter detailing your experience against each of the essential requirements, and
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) of no more than three (3) pages
Australian Healthcare Associates
Only applications that have a cover letter and CV will be considered
Applications close on Monday 20 August 2018
Only Australian residents need apply