Mental Health Intake Coordinator (Full time/Part-time)
Northpark Private Hospital seeks to recruit a Mental Health Intake Coordinator. Opportunities exist for a nurse who is motivated and experienced in mental health to join our Mental Health intake team.
Our Mental Health Unit consists of 2 units with 22 beds in each and a Mother Baby unit with 8 beds. We offer inpatient and day programs.
This is a great opportunity to progress your career and expand your skills in the mental health intake role.
About the role:
As an Intake Clinician you will be a pivotal member of the clinical team, working closely with the Mental Health Support Services Nurse Unit Manager and Director of Nursing. You will have a great opportunity to take a lead role in the delivery of mental health nursing assessment and admission coordination within the inpatient setting.
- Hold AHPRA registration
- Proficient understanding of mental health issues, assessment and risk management
- An interest and experience in mental health assessment and triage essential
- Post graduate qualification in Mental Health Nursing or the equivalent desirable
- Experience in intake duties including; prompt attention to referrals, assessment/triage, and liaising with medical staff.
- Demonstrate a passion for working within a recovery based framework for practice
- Demonstrate the ability to autonomously work within a multi-disciplinary team
- Good problem solving skills
- High quality document writing skills
- Fantastic time management
- Have a personal work ethic of reliability, performance, integrity, balance and honesty
- Be a team player with the ability to effectively and professionally communicate
- Ability to build rapport with all team members and work collaboratively through challenges or concerns
- Demonstrate an understanding of, and the ability to manage conflict to a point of resolution
- Knowledge of Mental Health KPI’s (desirable)
- Competence in computer applications – EXCEL, WORD, Outlook
- Ability to follow instructions and take directions whilst working within Healthscope and Northpark Private Hospital’s Policy and Procedures
You will be expected to be available to work – Monday to Friday
Applications close: Monday 17 December 2018
To Apply: Apply via our online application form. Please include a cover letter and your CV along with the contact details of 2 professional referees.