Located in Fairfield, 15 minutes from Melbourne’s CBD
Free onsite parking
Forensicare is the statutory agency responsible for the provision of adult forensic mental health services across Victoria. Forensicare is situated across five sites across Victoria with its largest site being Thomas Embling Hospital, located in Fairfield just 15 minutes north of the Melbourne CBD. Thomas Embling Hospital is a 116 bed secure hospital providing acute care, rehabilitation and continuing care services.
About the role:
The Clinical Neuropsychologist is responsible for providing assessment, diagnosis and recommendations for management of an adult forensic mental health population suffering brain impairment resulting from a variety of conditions. The Clinical Neuropsychologist provides a high level of clinical neuropsychology expertise and works closely with the multidisciplinary teams across different units at TEH to assist in the assessment, design and evaluation of specific treatment and management plans for referred patients. The role also provides consultation on the development, implementation and evaluation of therapeutic rehabilitation programs.
· Conduct comprehensive neuropsychological assessments of the cognitive, behavioural and emotional status of referred clients
· Formulate diagnosis based on assessment and provide advice on appropriate interventions or strategies for managing any neuropsychological problems identified
· Provision of timely reports
· Consultation and education on neuropsychological issues and program development to clinicians at TEH and external agencies where appropriate
Qualification, skills and experience:
· Masters or Doctoral qualification in Clinical Neuropsychology from an APS accredited course or equivalent
· Registered with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA) with AHPRA approved area of practice in clinical neuropsychology
· Previous working experience in a forensic mental health service and Membership of the College of Forensic Psychologists/approved areas of practice in forensic psychology would be an advantage
All Psychology applicants are required to submit their profile for this position on our eCredentaling system. If you are a new user of Mercury eCredentaling and do not have a current profile, you will be required to register. If you are an existing user of Mercury eCredentaling, please log in using your existing username and password.
Click on link below (or copy and paste in your browser) to submit your profile
We value our staff and provide a range of employee benefits including:
· Great salary packaging conditions
· Excellent leave entitlements
· Ongoing training and full orientation
· Comprehensive Health and Wellbeing Programs including: Staff gym and pool, Staff health service, Critical Incident Stress Management and Employee Assistance Programs.
Forensicare values a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
This position is subject to a Police Check.
Forensicare promotes the following values: responsiveness, integrity, impartiality, accountability, respect and leadership; and promotes behaviours that are consistent with these values at all times. Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and offers a smoke free environment.