Alta-1 College (QLD)
Clinical Psychologist – Part Time (0.4 FTE)
Term 1 Start
Applications due before C.O.B. Monday 4 March, 2019
Alta-1 College QLD is calling for applications from well-qualified, experienced and passionate psychologists who have a heart for at-risk youth and are interested in making a real and lasting difference.
About Alta-1 College
Alta-1 College QLD is an independent Christian, co-educational, Special Assistance School of approximately 50 students co-located with Destiny Church in Caboolture. The college caters for students between 15 and 19 years of age and provides students a pathway to complete secondary education.
Recognising that young people learn best when they feel connected and safe Alta-1 delivers Year 11 and 12 education in a small school environment while also delivering a well-developed therapeutic recovery model. This unique model provides an environment of belonging for the young person encouraging them to acknowledge, confront and resolve negativity while engaging in a journey of healing, restoration, identity formation and purpose finding.
The college intentionally works with disengaged and disadvantaged young people who are considered educationally, behaviourally and socio-emotionally at-risk.
The college was started in Western Australia in 2004 and today Alta-1 College provides education and recovery for over 700 at-risk young people across the nation.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for a passionate psychologist with relevant experience to join a small and vibrant team of educators and support staff. The successful applicant will be responsible for supporting the socio-emotional needs and welfare of the student cohort through the oversight of the Queensland therapeutic team and the delivery of the Alta-1 Therapeutic Model. The delivery of this model will be in close consultation with the broader therapeutic services team. This position will report directly to the Principal. The college currently requires a 0.4FTE psychologist and would hope to increase this time component in the coming years.
Role and Responsibilities
• Leadership of the therapeutic team and implementation of the Alta-1 Therapeutic Model
• Delivery of outstanding therapeutic services to students
• Support to “on-the-ground” teachers and support staff
• Critical incident management
• Case management and reporting
• Collaboration with external agencies and assisting with funding applications
In order to be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate that you are:
• Able to show commitment with integrity to the Christian identity, mission and ethos of thecollege
• Passionate about helping disadvantaged young people to improve their lives
• A high-level leader with outstanding interpersonal skills
• A well-qualified clinical psychologist registered with the Psychologist Board of Australia (AHPRA)
• Experienced in working with at-risk youth and families
• Able to meet the standard of conduct articulated in the Australian Psychological Society’s Code ofEthics
• Willing to deliver therapeutic services in line with the Alta-1 Therapeutic Model
• The holder of a Blue Card (or have the ability to obtain one)
Why work for Alta-1 College QLD?
• Be at the forefront of helping at-risk youth
• Competitive benefits for employees
• Alta-1 College QLD offers salary packaging
• Experience the Alta-1 “family” work environment
If you are excited by this opportunity and genuinely believe that you can succeed in this role, then please submit your application by e-mail directly to
Karen Clarke at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information call Karen Clarke (07) 5301 8008.
Your application will need to include a current resume, a written pastor’s reference, the names of four
referees (three professional, one pastoral) and a one-page covering letter addressing the Requirements.
Applications close 4:00pm on Monday 4 March, 2019
Please note that the College reserves the right to fill this position prior to the closing date.