Precision is looking for a motivated and experienced psychologist with a passion for work in pain, rehabilitation and clinical neurosciences to join our dynamic multidisciplinary team in our various Melbourne Locations
A major focus of our work is delivering compassionate and evidence-based therapy to assist people living with pain to work towards improving their quality of life. Our treatment program includes individual and group sessions.
The core structure of our group program includes pain education, mindfulness and de- training, thought management, emotional regulation, return to work, sleep strategies, and identity/loss. CBT, ACT, and mindfulness-based therapies underpin our program's approach to patient rehabilitation and empowerment.
The successful applicant will also undertake private consulting alongside our growing team of medical and allied health specialists including neurosurgeons, neurologists, pain specialists, psychiatrists, rehabilitation specialists, physiotherapist and exercise physiologists.
- Liaise with pain specialists, GPs, case managers and workplaces regarding clinical concerns to optimise patient outcomes
- Provide comprehensive psychological services to patients experiencing persistent pain
- Completion of special assessments
- Deliver psychological therapy within both individual and group settings
- Delivery of a broader range of psychology services to individuals
- Degree or Doctorate in Psychology or equivalent qualification
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Confidence and demonstrated expertise in the application of CBT and other psychological treatment strategies
- Experience in working as part of a team of practitioners and delivering psychological interventions and education in group settings
- Outstanding interpersonal skills - Instrumental to your success in this role is the ability to demonstrate effective interpersonal and communicative skills with patients and their families, external agencies and community services and MDT practitioners
- 3 Years Post Graduate Experience working with patients with pain
- Experience working with Work cover and TAC patient groups