Acacia Connection is making a difference to the lives of thousands of employees and their immediate families in the area of mental health by offering initial support and assistance to individuals and groups of employees who have personal and/or work related issues that may impact on their well-being, work performance, safety, individual and workplace morale and psychological health.
Acacia Connection is an Employee Assistance provider that works to provide an exceptional support service to a range of employers and their staff and families. We are a rapidly growing and evolving service that provides nationwide mental health support in person and via telephone delivered by qualified mental health professionals.
What You Need to Know
To be successful in this role, you will require a high level of compassion as well as professional knowledge of the behavioral health field.
• You'll be working within a fast growing organisation that requires patience, flexibility and diplomacy.
• All of our positions require attention to detail and the ability to manage complexity associated with boundaries and multiple stakeholders.
• You'll need to focus on clients to continually ensure that solutions are in their best interests.
• You should be self-motivated and able to manage your workload effectively, whilst maintaining quality care.
• You will spend a considerable amount of time practicing independently at our Melbourne office.
- Experience with trauma advantagous
- We have a highly supportive Clinical team
What We Are Looking For
• Successful applicants will have completed their tertiary qualifications in Psychology (AHPRA/AASW registration required).
• We are seeking excellent counselling skills drawn from evidence based frameworks, and a resourceful approach to problem solving with clients presenting from a range of backgrounds and with a range of issues.
- Must have min 3 years post registration experience
Experience with Trauma a distinct advantage
• You should have exceptional planning and organizational ability coupled with the ability to self manage and work autonomously.
EAP counselling experience will be highly valued.
• In addition to clinical skill, critical to success will be your high levels of integrity, transparency and ability align with the values and ethos of the organisation