- Opportunity to join Orygen Youth Health and the newly developed Custodial Forensic Youth Mental Health Service (FYMHS)
- Permanent position Part Time position ( 0.5 FTE)
- Provide expert Clinical Neuropsychological advice
Life With Us:
OYH is a world leading youth mental health service that is part of North West Mental Health and Melbourne Health. OYH provides treatment for young people aged 15 - 24 years who live in the west and north western suburbs of Melbourne. It includes the EPPIC program for young people with a first episode of psychosis.
Our clinical program offers special inpatient care, crisis intervention and assessment, individual case management, family therapy and group interventions, intensive outreach services, community consultation, and training. OYH has strong links with research and training organisations including Orygen, the National Centre of Excellence in Youth Mental Health.
The Senior Neuropsychologist - Custodial Forensic Youth Mental Health Service (FYMHS) position is a special senior clinical role focused on enhancing the ability of custodial Youth Justice clients to access appropriate and timely mental health services.
The clinician is expected to have advanced knowledge and experience of the youth forensic and mental health sector.
A Job to Be Proud Of:
- Provide expert Clinical Neuropsychological advice, assessment, formulation and treatment recommendations to the client and service providers in custody. It is expected that timely assessments will be completed from a range of Neuropsychological test suites including but not limited to intelligence, memory and achievement
- Be part of a new team working with young people with emerging mental health issues in custodial settings
- Provide high quality care and expertise to achieve the best outcomes for our consumers and their families and carers
- Contribute to the development of Forensic Youth Mental Health services at OYH
- Experience in the provision of mental health care, particularly in youth mental health. Level of experience commensurate to the grade level of the role (see position descriptions)
- Strong communication and clinical liaison skills
- Proven capacity to liaise with and build positive relationships with service providers
- Proven capacity to provide clinical services including in mental health care settings
- Membership of your appropriate professional organisation
Our Commitment to You
- A career with us is a rewarding experience offering great prospects for career diversity and professional advancement
- Rich opportunities for professional development, training, and engagement with research
- NorthWestern Mental Health boasts a sophisticated learning structure and we pride ourselves on supporting continuing professional development
- We are a values based organisation
- Comprehensive Health and Wellbeing Programs including staff gym, staff health service, peer support program, and Employee Assistance Program
Connect With Us:
Get to know us at www.nwmh.org.au and 'Apply Now'
Melbourne Health is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, ethical practice, and the principles of Cultural Diversity and social inclusion.
Join is to be the first in Care, Research, and Learning
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working With Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment prior to commencement.