This position is for a motivated individual looking to learn through experience in a varied and challenging environment. Our team supports clients facing challenges in their personal, family and work life. The context allows for utilisation of an array of assessment tools and therapeutic interventions helping you achieve your professional goals. Our culture focusses on the growth and success of our clinicians offering structured supervision, group supervision, a well-being allowance and a generous professional development allowance. Situated in brand new premises in Parap we have a welcoming and modern environment.
- Maintain and manage a counselling caseload, developing to schedule 5 client sessions per day, though this is varied with other requirements such as group professional development, group and individual supervision, staff meetings and other duties
- Develop to deliver briefings to Employee Assistance Program (EAP) clients.
- Upon demonstrated competency, undertake a commitment to the EASA on call service and critical incident response team.
- Develop to have an involvement in projects such as onsite and remote area service delivery.
- Develop an understanding of making appropriate client referrals as and when necessary.
- Develop an understanding and have involvement in conducting psychological assessments and writing psychological reports.
- Engage in on-going professional training and development including reading in the field of counselling, trauma interventions and other relevant training. An allowance of $2,000 per year plus 5 days leave is allocated for professional development, as well as regular group professional development in-house.
- Provide a commitment to clinical supervision with Senior Psychologists or other appropriate and approved professionals.
- Participate in team case discussion and supervision.
- Maintain the ethical practices and policies of the EASA, APS and NT Registration Board including maintaining records within legal and professional guidelines.
- Develop the ability to contribute to client reports including recommendations on relevant areas such as EAP clients, professional development activities, case management, courses and seminars.
- Develop skills and ability to have involvement in the provision of training in the area of psychological services eg basic counselling skills.
- Participation as a member of the Psychological Services team, developing to undertaking special projects and other assignments as required.
- Undertake travel throughout the NT and Australia as required.
- Participate in performance, planning and review process.
- Performance of the above duties in accordance with EASA policies and procedures
Eligibility for registration with one of the following:
· NT Registration Board as a Provisional Psychologist and membership of the APS
· Australian Counselling Association
· Australian Association of Social Workers
- This role requires a mature self-directed and competent professional who is looking for diverse challenges in a professional counselling setting.
- Experience with CBT and Brief Interventions with some limited counselling background is an advantage.
- A genuine interest in areas of work noted above.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High-level interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of the APS scope of practice and Ethical responsibilities.
- Demonstrated initiative and accountability for work
- Ability to build good therapeutic relationships and client centred outcomes.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Current Drivers Licence or ability to obtain
- Current Police Check & Ochre Card
- Paid supervision with an experienced supervisor, who has guided many Provisional Psychologists through the internship process
- Free Employee Assistance Program for all employees
- 4 weeks annual leave increasing to 5 weeks after 12 months
- Annual wellness allowance of $300
- Annual personal development allowance of $2000 including 5 days PD leave
- Flexible working hours for work-life balance
- Emphasis on staff training and professional development
Please contact Nina Booysen on (08) 8941 1752 or email: email@example.com for further information.
How to apply:
Please forward applications including a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org