You are a passionate and dedicated mental health professional who is committed to providing the highest quality healthcare to those in need. With excellent communication and listening skills, you take pride in your ability to make your patients feel comfortable and safe in your hands. You are empathetic and compassionate and understand the importance of this in making a difference to those in need of mental health services. You are a respectful and professional person who demonstrates exceptional moral values in everything you do. You are passionate about providing health services and working as part of a multi-disciplinary team to support delivery of the highest standard of care to patients.
About the Role
As a Psychologist you will be an integral member of an experienced multidisciplinary health care team providing a range of high quality evidence-based mental health services to patients. You will undertake intake assessments, risk assessments, crisis intervention, case formulation, programmatic treatment intervention, care co-ordination and group psycho-education, as well as additional support services as required.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- The highest levels of personal integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Current unconditional and unrestricted registration as a Psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Minimum of 2 years full-time (or part-time equivalent) Post Graduate Experience in the last 5 years in mental health in a primary health or specialist mental health setting undertaking
- Recent participation in Continuous Professional Development (CPD) activities in accordance with AHPRA.
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (HLTAID001) certification.
- Knowledge of relevant State/Territory policies and procedures and national standards governing mental health practice (desirable).
- Knowledge of the ADF Mental Health and Wellbeing Strategy 2018-2023 (desirable).
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team to support the delivery of safe, efficient and high quality care to patients.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation and externally with a range of personnel.
This is a position of trust and responsibility and to support this we will conduct a thorough probity assessment, which includes a national police check as an essential selection component for this role.
Please note that you must be an Australian Citizen in order to obtain the required Baseline Security Clearance for this role.
ADF Health Services Contract provides integrated healthcare services to Australian Defence Force (ADF) personnel across Australia. As part of this newly-awarded contract, Serco, in partnership with Bupa, will provide defence-ready clinical and support staff across 50+ on-base locations nationally, ensuring that ADF personnel have access to quality on-site medical care. Our staff take pride in delivering quality health services to achieve outstanding care and our new recruits for the ADF Health Services Contract will be no exception.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including Defence, Transport, Justice, Immigration, Healthcare and Citizen Services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone. To learn more please visit www.serco.com/ahsc.
If you are inspired to make a positive difference and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume.
Serco values of Trust, Care, Innovation and Pride underpin everything we do. We are curious, creative and collaborative. Our people help in ways that matter.
We are committed to diversity and we encourage people from different backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse and people with disabilities to apply.