Psychologists & Senior Psychologist - headspace
(Youth Early Psychosis Program)
2x Psychologist & 1 x Senior Psychologist - Parramatta
1x Psychologist - Mt Druitt
2x Psychologist - Penrith
Contract 30.6.2021 - Full-time 38 hours per week, 9 am-5:00 pm weekdays
For over 40 years, Parramatta Mission has supported some of the most disadvantaged and marginalised people in society, including those experiencing homelessness, crisis, domestic violence and living with mental illness. Our values are grace, inclusion, dignity, faith and hope. We are an equal opportunity employer who values, respects and supports diversity within the workplace and the community.
Parramatta Mission is the lead agent for 3 hYEPP Services – Mt Druitt, Penrith & Parramatta.
The headspace Youth Early Psychosis Program (hYEPP) aims to provide early intervention services to young people aged 12 to 25 with emerging serious mental illness, and their families, that are youth-friendly, accessible, consistent and seamless, and that provide ongoing care and support.
Health Professional Award Level 2
Psychologist $65K- 75K Base salary plus 9.5% Super + NFP Salary Packaging benefits of up to 15,990 + 2500 Meal Entertainment
Award level 3 - Senior Psychologist $80K- 90K Base salary + benefits as above
Close public transport & Westfield Shopping Centre
Parking onsite for Penrith & Mt Druitt location
Clinicians & Senior Clinicians in the hYEPP Continuing Care Team will be providing long-term case management and psychological intervention. The role involves intake, assessment, engagement, psycho-education, clinical intervention, attendance at psychiatric review appointments, liaison with other services and relevant individuals, with an over-arching focus on care co-ordination.
Candidates must meet the following selection criteria.
1. Current qualifications as a Psychologist, Clinical Psychologist, and current full registration with AHPRA
2. Current NSW drivers licence
3. Psychologist minimum of 1 year clinical practice & Senior Psychologist minimum 3 years experience (excluding clinical placements) within the mental health field, with specific experience working with young people experiencing early psychosis or a first episode psychosis, and their families. Seniors will be expected to coach, mentor junior Clinicians & be the first point of contact.
4. Experience delivering contemporary, evidence-based practices and therapeutic interventions for young people presenting with first episode psychosis and ultra-high risk clients
5. An understanding of the stress-vulnerability model, and the recovery framework for young people
6. Ability to effectively engage young people and their families, including the ability to be creative and flexible
7. Experience working collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team
8. A knowledge of relevant legislation such as the Mental Health Act and the Children (2007), Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act (1998), and other relevant legislation
9. Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), problem solving and negotiation skills, and a demonstrated ability to consult, liaise and negotiate with team members, other professionals and external agencies
10. The ability to use relevant information technology, electronic recording systems and data management tools
*Attractive Remuneration + generous Salary packaging benefits
*On- the- Job Training provided
*Opportunity to work alongside multidisciplinary team
*Great office space and workplace culture
To be eligible to apply for this position you must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa. Parramatta Mission welcomes applications from people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent, people from a culturally and linguistically diverse background and people with a lived experience of mental illness
Please note: Applications must include a cover letter clearly addressing the essential criteria to be eligible for interview. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.