Experienced Clinical or Registered Psychologist required for busy private practice in Canberra
Clinical Psychologists earn up to $195,000 FTE
Registered Psychologists earn up to $164,000 FTE
Flexible days and hours to meet your needs
Whether you live in Canberra or are interested in relocating to the nation’s capital to reap the benefits of a more balanced lifestyle, we want to hear from you!
At Northside Psychology we know our people count. Their determination, loyalty and dedication to delivering an exceptional service makes a difference. We have an extraordinary team of clinicians and take our time to find the right people.
We reward our team members with competitive packages and a wide range of benefits to thank them for the invaluable contribution they make to the lives of others.
Northside Psychology is an Approved Temporary Activities Sponsor with the Australian Government Department of Home Affairs. Suitably qualified and experienced overseas applicants who are eligible to work as a Psychologist in Australia with AHPRA are invited to apply.
Having opened in 2007,Northside Psychology is a large, well-established private psychology practice in strong demand with clinics in Hawker, Gungahlin and Adelaide. We boast a stable and cohesive team of excellent clinicians who are ably supported by a dedicated administrative team.
Our mission is to improve Quality of Life. We strive to be the leading psychology practice. We pride ourselves on having a family friendly, highly professional and supportive environment.
Some of the benefits we offer
· Flexible options to join the team as an employee or contractor
· Competitive remuneration
· A large administrative support team so you can focus on what you enjoy doing – working with your preferred client groups
· A stimulating and diverse client load, matched to your strengths and interests
· A manageable workload
· Full marketing and business systems so you can focus on clients
· Strong peer support
· Pampering on your birthday
· Flexible working hours and locations to promote work - life balance
· Complimentary team dinners
Staff Psychologists (employees) are also entitled to
· A very generous CPD budget to refresh, recharge and develop areas of interest
· EAP support services
· Annual leave, long service leave, personal and carers’ leave and superannuation entitlements
Experienced Clinical Psychologist or Registered Psychologist
We are seeking an outstanding clinician to join our team for a part time or full time position. This is an opportunity to be a part of a dynamic, highly skilled team dedicated to achieving excellence. The successful applicant will provide direct clinical services.
The ideal person
Our ideal person is an experienced and confident practitioner who relishes the idea of working independently with a high level of administrative support.
1. Five years’ experience as a fully registered psychologist
2. High reliability and commitment to providing outstanding services to clients and referrers
3. Autonomous with a strong work ethic and ability to work as a part of a team
4. Excellent clinical assessment and treatment skills
5. Demonstrated skills in a range of evidence-based interventions
6. Committed to ongoing professional development
7. Ability to cover a broad range of clinical issues
8. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
9. Excellent time management
10. Unconditional registration with AHPRA as a Registered or Clinical Psychologist
11. Eligibility to register as a Psychologist with Medicare
12. Ability to secure Professional Indemnity Insurance
13. Ability to work legally in Australia
1. Clinical endorsement with AHPRA and membership with the College of Clinical Psychologists
2. Board Approved Clinical Supervisor with an interest in supporting our Clinical Registrars
3. Experience in providing counselling and assessment services to children and adolescents
4. Experience and interest in couples counselling
5. Experience in private practice
Please contact Holly Kirwan (Principal Psychologist and Director) for a confidential discussion on 02 6255 3008 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please visit www.northsidepsychology.com.au
To apply for the position please forward your CV and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria to email@example.com
Closing date: Suitably qualified and experienced applicants will be interviewed as applications are received. Closing date is 10 October 2019.