Continuing opportunity to teach in undergraduate and postgraduate courses as well as conducting independent research activity.
- The discipline of Psychology is changing at JCU - join us our journey
- Consistently ranked in the top 2% of universities worldwide
- Enjoy a tropical lifestyle whilst still achieving career goals
A new era in education, research and professional development is unfolding and we are looking for dedicated, collegial professionals to join us on our journey. We now offer an exciting opportunity for a Lecturer, Clinical Psychology on a continuing, full-time basis at James Cook University (JCU)Townsville to strengthen the Discipline of Psychology by pursuing scholarship and contributing to research, teaching & research supervision.
What you can accomplish in the role
Injecting renewed vision and focus, you will teach in undergraduate and postgraduate courses as well as conducting independent research activity that contributes to building a robust and ambitious research culture within Psychology.
What you will bring to this role
In addition to your track record of research achievement relative to opportunity and PhD qualifications, you will be endorsed as a Clinical Psychologist and Clinical Supervisor by the Psychology Board of Australia and maintain registration with AHPRA. You will also have the opportunity to coordinate programs and links with other allied health disciplines within the University and with health agencies in the community.
JCU offers a culturally diverse working environment with opportunities for professional and personal growth as well as diverse career opportunities. JCU prides itself on being dedicated to teaching, learning and research that is not only of high quality, but also delivers practical benefits to the peoples and industries of the region and the tropics worldwide.
- The opportunity to advance your career whilst living in the beautiful North Queensland tropics
- five weeks annual recreation leave
- professional development and support
- attractive options for salary packaging plus employer contributed superannuation at 17%
- well-equipped, modern facilities including on-campus shopping, gym, pool and childcare
- balance of work and life so you can enjoy a relaxed lifestyle that supports a diverse range of leisure and sporting interests
If you are a passionate academic looking to contribute to this valuable area of our University, please obtain further information and apply now at the Careers at JCU webiste.
Vacancy reference: 16964