About the role - Psychologist:
We are currently looking for motivated, warm and effective psychologists to join our team. Clinical endorsement and training in trauma and/or eating disorders is desirable, but not a pre-requisite. If you have another particular interest or clinical expertise, we are interested and will try to help you nurture and develop this where possible.
The suitable candidate will be:
- Enthusiastic about facilitating positive change in the lives of their clients.
- Have substantial experience in providing individual therapy to clients.
- Someone who is great at building working relationships with clients, with colleagues and with other health-care providers.
- Be available to work 2-3 days per week (full-time options available).
- Full registration as a psychologist with AHPRA and Medicare
- Preferred but not essential: An AHPRA endorsed clinical psychologist, or working towards obtaining endorsement.
What we offer:
At Cairns Trauma and Clinical Psychology:
- Our clients come with a range of presenting issues and backgrounds, so we are lucky to be able to offer varied and rewarding clinical caseloads.
- We have developed a sound referral base with multiple general practitioners and psychiatrists in the Cairns and Far North region.
- We are dedicated to creating an ethical, client-centred practice where psychologists feel supported and valued.
- We charge consultation fees comparable to that charged in major metropolitan areas.
- We provide a well stocked resource library, full administrative and reception support, and beautifully appointed, modern, and professional consulting rooms.
- We offer flexible working arrangements.
If Cairns Trauma and Clinical Psychology is for you, please submit your cover letter (telling us why you’re the right person for us) and your CV today. Please include two professional references.