- Team Leader
- Full Time position,80 hours per fortnight including ADO
- Based within the Mental Health Team at The Royal Melbourne Hospital
Life with Us:
- Is a caring, cohesive and dynamic multi-disciplinary team that values the contributions of all of our team members in the recovery of our consumers with challenging and complex mental health presentations as well as to the leadership of our team
- Community Team 1 also holds the Homeless portfolio for Inner West Area Mental Health Service
- The Inner West Area Mental Health Service is a vibrant dynamic work environment
- We are a passionate group of people who love to work hard offering evidenced based services
- We are based in the Royal Melbourne Hospital and provide an assertive community treatment model of care to our consumer who are based in Melbourne’s CBD and surrounds
- We focus on providing consumers with serious mental illness and their carers: assessment, diagnosis and appropriate evidenced based treatment
A Job to Be Proud Of:
- You will manage a small caseload as well as Team Leader duties
- Have experience to act up as Program Manager
- We have good processes and supports in place to help you organise your day and do it well
- You will be trained up in core and specific evidenced based practices
- You will be supported by manager and clinical supervisor
- You will part of a committed, enthusiastic and professional team that strives for the best outcomes for its consumers
- You will be actively involved in a service in the heart of Melbourne
- You must be qualified as an RPN, Occupational Therapist, Social Worker or Psychologist
- You must have 5 years of experience in the field of psychiatry
- You are committed to developing your practice as a professional in clinical mental health
- You are able to function effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team and enjoy working autonomously
- You are confident in the provision of support and treatment for people experiencing drug and alcohol related issues and their families.
- Excellent organisation, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in computer software use and information technology on the Microsoft Windows platform and ability to learn new programs and navigate databases.
Our Commitment to You:
- We are a values-based organisation, a career with us is a rewarding experience offering great prospects for career diversity and professional advancement
- NorthWestern Mental Health boasts a sophisticated learning structure and we pride ourselves on supporting continuing professional development
- Comprehensive Health & Wellbeing Programs including; Staff Gym, staff health service, peer support program and Employee Assistance Programs
- Rich opportunities for professional development, training, research and career progression.
- We value work life balance
Connect With Us:
Get to know us at www.nwmh.org.au and if you have any questions or want to know more we would love you to connect with us. We look forward to hearing from you.
Melbourne Health is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, ethical practice, and the principles of Cultural Diversity and social inclusion.
Join us to be the first in Care, Research and Learning
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working With Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment prior to commencement.