Behaviour Support Clinician, Psychologist/Provisional Psychologist or Social Worker - provide Psychological Assessments and develop Positive Behaviour Support Plans for children and adults with disabilities.
- Opportunity to work with a passionate and caring team
- Opportunity to work from home for the right candidate
About the Company
Emotional Balance has been working with adults, children, young people, families, people with disability and mental illnesses for over 14 years. We are passionate and caring professionals who seek to enhance the lives of those impacted by mental health and a disability. Currently, we are seeking a clinician that is dedicated and passionate about making a difference in people’s lives.
About the role
An exciting opportunity is now available for a Clinician to join our team in a full-time role, Monday to Friday. The right candidate will be required to provide a high standard of psychological assessments and positive behaviour support plans to clients. Training and support will be provided to ensure success in fulfilling the requirements of this role. Travel at is also required within the Brisbane and Gold Coast region, and a travel allowance is provided.
- Provide clinical assessments of clients’ cognitive and learning abilities, living skills, emotional and mental health status and behavioural profile.
- Ability to develop, write and monitor intervention plans and strategies around challenging behaviours exhibited by children and adults that are consistent with appropriate policy and procedures.
- Provide clinical knowledge and expertise to support clients with a diverse range of complex needs.
- Provide one-on-one counselling and implement daily and/or social skills building activities where required.
- Provide training and support for carers and staff regarding therapeutic support including behaviour support plans and incident prevention and response plans for clients.
- Support and monitor placements and ensure carers participate in the case planning process and assist them to implement the strategies outlined in the case plan.
- Meet with clients, their family and other stakeholders to gather information for input into case plans and ensuring their views are represented.
- Apply and uphold principles of equity and anti-discrimination in the workplace and adhere to organisational and legislative Health, Safety and Environment requirements.
Skills & Experience
- Completed 4 years of tertiary qualifications in Psychology, (provisional registration is acceptable) or Social Work.
- A current registration (Provisional, General or Clinical) or eligibility for registration with the professional body or Psychology board of Australia to practice as a psychologist.
- Strong written communication, client/stakeholder engagement and mediation skills.
- Demonstrated experience within the Disability Field.
- Previous experience in working with individuals, families or groups.
- Demonstrated experience in assessing and planning intervention for clients who exhibit a range of behaviours of concern mainly in high-risk behaviours.
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing client–centred / family-centred interventions.
- Experience working in a culturally sensitive manner with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and a willingness to work and train in culturally appropriate approaches.
- Previous experience working with trauma presentations highly regarded
- Current Driver Licence and reliable vehicle.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter that addresses the key responsibilities in your application and email to email@example.com. For any enquiries contact firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title "Job Advertisement."