NovoPsych.com.au is Australian's leading test-delivery platform for psychologists. Our mission is to use psychometric science to help mental health services improve outcomes. We do this by providing tools for client conceptualisation, diagnosis and symptom tracking. Our software graphs symptoms over time so you can get a clear historical picture of a client’s progress. NovoPsych automatically calculate percentile ranks to give you a clear indication of your client’s symptoms and how they compare to normative samples.
We deliver tests with high standards of validity and reliability. We provide details on the data by which norming and other metrics are based, and provide the resources for clinicians to appropriately interpret the results. We have dozens of assessments for depression, anxiety, PTSD, OCD and much more.
We have a flexible, remote role available with the following duties:
- Review psychometrics literature and synthesize published articles
- Write summaries of validity and reliability information for psychologists.
- Perform psychometric analyses, including factor analysis, calculating percentiles from z-scores
- Present statistical findings in an accessible way
- Manage assessment database
- Research and development into advanced psychometric paradigms
This role will be suitable for someone with:
- At least 3 years of statistics training in a psychology or statistics degree. Fourth year psychology degree preferred. Registration as a psychologist is not required
- Available for at least 8 hours per week, or up to full time.
- Familiarity with SPSS or R
- Advanced computer skills are an advantage including wordpress, google data studio, graphic design, SQL etc.
- This role would be suitable for a PhD or Masters candidate.
- A firm grounding in the scientific method or program evaluation
If the right candidate lives outside Melbourne working from home arrangements will be fine!