Part-time 2 days per/wk, based in Chatswood.
Training in Gastrointestinal (Gut) and Hypnotherapy provided, (1 day to begin, building to second day)
- Flexible working arrangements and hours to suit.
- Positive team culture.
- Growth area, general, clinical & health psychologists and new graduates welcome.
- Passionate team of like-minded professionals.
- Ongoing support, training and regular peer supervision.
Develop your expertise in growing and fascinating field. Flexibility, support, education, and an awesome, warm and supportive team.
About The Gut Centre
We are excited to offer the opportunity to be part of Australia's leading GI Psychology Clinic, The Gut Centre, with current locations in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane, with online appointments offered Australia wide. We are also the largest team of GI Psychologists world-wide.
The Gut Centre was established more than 9 years ago and is Australia’s first and leading clinic to provide evidence-based psychological interventions for patients experiencing gastrointestinal disorders. We treat patients with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) & other gastrointestinal conditions. The Gut Centre also offers Gut-Directed Hypnotherapy to adults, adolescents and children.
About the Role
We can provide you with an immediate and growing case load and opportunity to be part of our amazing and supportive team. This is an ideal opportunity to develop your expertise in this fascinating field of Psychogastroenterology. You will provide both face-to -face and Online appointments to patients.
Ideally you will be providing psychological services to children, adolescents and adults. However, if your preference is only to see adults, you will still be considered so please apply. This position will be offered as a salaried role. Ideally you will be available on Tuesdays and Fridays.
In this position, you will be practicing evidence-based, gut-directed psychotherapies to manage gastrointestinal disorders, including Gut-Directed Hypnotherapy. We have a strong referral base from leading doctors. The successful applicant will also be provided with individual supervision and training with leading expert in the filed and clinical psychologist/hypnotherapist, Founder and Director, Dr Jim Kantidakis. Group supervision and the opportunity to work and collaborate with positive and like-minded professionals and become part of an awesome team.
To be successful you will:
- Be an AHPRA Registered Psychologist with insurance and eligibility for a Medicare provider number.
- Be an AHPRA endorsed General, Clinical or Health Psychologist.
- If you are consulting with children and adolescents, a Working with Children’s Check is required
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially able to quickly build rapport.
- Have a keen interest in mind-body connection and have existing or interest in developing brain-gut psychology skills (psychogastroenterology).
- Be genuinely caring, positive and committed to high quality patient care.
- Hypnotherapy training will be provided, you wil also be utilising other therapies such as CBT, ACT and mindfulness in the interim.
What we will provide you:
- Professional development to expand your skill set in brain-gut psychology
- Regular individual supervision with Dr Jim Kantidakis.
- Opportunity for Professional development in hypnotherapy (if not currently trained)
- A positive work culture and friendly team!
- Caseload upon commencement. This is a growth area with great potential and opportunities for the right candidates.
- Flexible working practices (wherever possible)
- Opportunities to utilise your counselling skill set without the burden of additional administration paperwork (ie: billing, appointments or seeking referrals)
To be considered for this role, please forward your resume to:
We would love to hear from you. We will interview as applications come in (ie. not waiting until the end of the advertised date). Feel free to contact via email if you have any questions before applying.