Step by Step Psychology is comprised of an enthusiastic and driven team who want the best for the young people and the families we work with.
At Step by Step Psychology, we work cohesively and finding someone who will work well within our team environment and is motivated to develop their own skills is important to us.
Step by Step Psychology provides services to children and adolescents and adopt a family-centred approach. We provide a calm and supportive environment to help our clients achieve their best.
We are expanding our services and are very excited to be seeking vibrant psychologists to join our growing practice on a part-time or full-time basis.
We assist our clients through the provision of:
- Individual counselling services to improve emotional health and wellbeing.
- Behavioural intervention for children with ASD and their families.
- ASD and Specific Learning Disorder diagnostic assessments.
- Social skills groups for primary school aged children.
- Supporting our clients within kinder and school environments.
Step by Step Psychology values great team members and we are therefore committed to providing a supportive and positive environment for our team to do what they do best – help the families that attend our clinic.
In addition to an extremely fulfilling job, being part of the team at Step by Step Psychology provides you with:
- Wellbeing Days: An additional 2 personal days per year (pro rata) to help you care for your own wellbeing.
- Supervision opportunities: Regular fortnightly internal supervision (pro rata), which enables you to meet your AHPRA case consultation supervision requirements each year.
- Professional Development: A yearly PD budget of $500 per year and 3 days for attending PD training (pro rata) plus a minimum of 4 internal workshops per year.
- Holidays: Two weeks of additional unpaid leave allowance per year.
- Employee Assistance Program: Access to a confidential Employee Assistance Program as needed.
- Loyalty Bonus: A $1000 bonus after two years continued commitment with the company and annual bonuses for each year thereafter you remain part of the team.
- Social Calendar: Regular lunches, activities, recognition of birthdays and a coffee card for each staff member.
- Wellbeing retreat: An annual opportunity for the team to pause, reflect and learn while spending quality time as a team away from the clinic.
- Career Progression: Clear development pathways with the opportunity to progress into roles with increased responsibility and leadership opportunities within the company.
- Competitive Salary: Salaries at minimum 20% above the award rate.
In addition to the above, at Step by Step Psychology, we can offer you:
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly and dedicated team with opportunity for case consultation among colleagues.
- To be part of a multidisciplinary network which allows for case consultations and professional development between disciplines.
- Full time administration support.
- The opportunity to brainstorm and develop ‘passion projects’ to run within our clinic, such as workshops or new programs.
- A consistently expanding range of therapy resources, as well as up to date assessment tools.
- Formal professional development opportunities and regular supervision with the Principal Psychologist.
It is essential that the successful applicant has:
- A high level of competence in assessing and diagnosing Autism Spectrum Disorder and/or Specific Learning Disorders
- Experience in the provision of evidence-based therapy for children and adolescents
- An interest in working within a collaborative team environment.
- The ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
- Full registration with AHPRA and eligibility to register for a Medicare provider number; Professional Indemnity insurance; Working with Children’s Check (or willingness to apply)