As a private provider of Higher Education programs, the Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors (AIPC) offers comprehensive and innovative higher education programs providing a unique and personalised learning experience to tertiary students studying through external learning.
About the role:
Due to increasing enrolments, the Institute is seeking an additional Practicum Lecturer to oversee Work Integrated Learning (Practicum) subjects in its Bachelor and/or Masters programs. The position plays an important role in students transitioning successfully from theory and simulated learning settings to application in a real work environment.
Based at the Institute's Higher Education campus in Fortitude Valley, Brisbane, the position works closely with other Practicum staff, the Program Leader, Course Coordinators and broader Academic Team. The position is a full time/part time (4 or 5 days/week) permanent position (with 6 months’ probation). Work hours are 9am to 5pm.
Duties and responsibilities:
The main duties and responsibilities of the role include:
- Proactively making contact with students due to undertake their placement and providing support and advice to students in securing their placement;
- Liaising with potential organisations, and connecting students with organisations.
- Developing and maintaining Practicum handbooks and webinar materials.
- Delivering supervision sessions (via webinar) to placement students;
- Consulting and supporting students to successfully complete their Practicum in line with requirements for the Master of Counselling and/or Bachelor of Counselling programs;
- Providing support during the Practicum and keeping in touch with both the student and the agency supervisor in the workplace during the Practicum;
- Marking portfolios and assessments undertaken during the Practicum;
- Liaising effectively between the student and organisation as necessary during the Practicum;
Skills and Experience:
To perform effectively in the role, the successful Practicum Lecturer will have:
- A recognised qualification at least at Masters level in Counselling or a related field of study;
- Ability to build strong relationships with students and agencies/organisations;
- Demonstrated teaching ability in counselling or related fields;
- Understanding and knowledge of counselling supervision practices;
- Current membership (or eligibility for membership) with a Counselling Association.
We have a strong student-centric, values-driven culture based on the guiding principle: “Empowering people to help others”. The overall purpose of our organisation is for our graduates, through their own work, to positively influence the level of wellbeing and health in our communities. We accept our role in fulfilling this purpose, working with responsibility, passion, expertise and skill. Our teams develop high quality, applicable online subjects and programs, and provide an exceptional level of education and service to our students. As such, we have a strong focus on creating an accountable, supportive and engaging work environment built on joint purpose, teamwork, and enthusiasm for what we do.
How to Apply:
To apply, please forward an Application Letter addressing the position requirements listed above and Curriculum Vitae by Friday, 30th July 2021.
*Applications will be assessed on a first in basis and only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Should you have any questions prior to making applications please contact Priya Ghai, HR Coordinator on email@example.com.