The Northwest Psychology Practice, Bella Vista
We are a group of psychologists who are committed to providing high quality, evidence-based therapy for children, teens and adults. We are based in Bella Vista, in the northwest of Sydney. We are looking for like-minded psychologists to join our team and we currently have several contractor positions available.
About the role:
Psychologists at the Northwest Psychology Practice provide assessment and treatment to people across the age range, from children to teens and adults. We’re looking for psychologists to join our team who are gifted all-rounders, passionate about working therapeutically with both children and adults. We need someone who is highly skilled in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, and also familiar with the latest evidence based treatments (such as DBT, ACT and mindfulness). If you have a particular interest or expertise in certain presenting problems, we’ll try to help you nurture and develop this where possible.
The suitable person will:
- Be an empathic and talented clinician who is skilled at building rapport with clients and who is passionate about facilitating positive change.
- Have at least two years of experience in providing individual therapy for clients.
- Be a team player, someone who is great at building working relationships with colleagues and with other health-care providers.
- Be available to work a minimum of 2 days per week.
- Be willing to work during our busiest times (from 3pm to 7pm on weekdays and 9am-3pm on Saturday).
- Be willing to see kids and teens as part of your caseload - you don't have to be highly experienced as we will provide training and support as needed.
PLEASE NOTE: To be considered, you must be fully registered as a psychologist, with a Medicare provider number.
What sets us apart?
- The practice has been operating in the local area for the past ten years and we have developed a sound referral base.
- You will have the opportunity to work with a diverse range of presenting problems in a supportive and stimulating working environment.
- We provide regular in-house supervision from a board-approved supervisor, a well stocked resource and toy library and comprehensive administrative support.
If you're an early career psychologist, you will receive plenty of supervision and support. And if you are a working on your clinical endorsement we provide supervision as part of your package.
We are in a great location, two minutes walk from Bella Vista Metro station.
- We strive to be the kind of practice where you can do your best clinical work.
Please submit your cover letter (telling us why you're the right person for the role) and your CV to [email protected]