Remote Therapy Telehealth Psychology - www.RemoteTherapy.com.au
Remote Therapy is a telehealth psychology practice that provides bulk-billed psychotherapy to urban and rural areas.
You will be providing therapy to clients over a video call or over the phone.
Remote Therapy will provide the following:
- A receptionist 5 days a week to act as a point of contact between you and your clients/referrers
- Marketing services to ensure your schedule is always filled
- Admin services so you can focus on treating clients
- Payment processing/Medicare claiming
- Video tutorials + guide for the calendar/telehealth software + training from admin
- Peer consultation groups available with fellow team members
We are looking for psychologists who will utilise strong evidence-based therapies only.
You will be working as an independent proprietor/sole trader so you will need your own ABN.
>90% of clients will be referred under a Mental Health Care Plan so you will need to write progress reports as a part of their treatment. Clients may also come under the Bushfire Recovery Initiative or pay privately but it is less common at <10% of all clients.
Our client base ranges from children all the way to seniors. The median client is aged 39. Clients under age 18 and over age 60 make up 7.5% and 9.5% of all clients respectively.
You may specify if you do not want to see a certain age group.
This role is remote, so you can work from wherever you like, provided it is a quiet and confidential space.
You can choose which hours you want to make available and you can make adjustments at any time. We are looking for someone who has between 5 and 40 hours per week available. We will fill a 10-hour schedule in <1 week.
Payment for your services will be deposited into your bank account directly by Medicare or our private payment system. We charge a service fee of 20% on a monthly basis.
After our fee, you will take home $70.60 as a registered psych and $103.64 as a clinical psych, per 50-minute appointment that is attended.
You can choose to offer couples sessions or family sessions and you can set your own price. Your take home pay will be 80% of whatever price you choose.
Regarding no-shows and late cancellations
If a client misses an appointment or cancels within 48 hours we charge them a fee equal to the bulk-bill rate, meaning you will get the full amount of $70.60 (registered) or $103.64 (clinical).
- Must be AHPRA registered.
- Must have an existing Medicare Provider Number.
- Must have access to Health Professional Online Services (HPOS) in order to create a new Medicare Provider Number online.
- Must have access to a device with a high-quality webcam and microphone.
- Must have an Australian Business Number.