Kids and Teens Psychology is a well-established and busy private practice servicing children, adolescents and families in the Moreton Bay region. We work exclusively with children, adolescents and families to help them be their best! We pride ourselves on keeping things simple for families, genuinely including parents and carers in the therapy process, and creating real and lasting change for our clients. We also pride ourselves on having a warm and welcoming practice space, having a great work environment and supporting our team! We are located 35 minutes from the lovely beaches of the Sunshine Coast and 40 minutes from inner Brisbane.
Is This Role for You?
This role is for you if….
- You are passionate about working with children and adolescents - a genuine like of working with children and teenagers is a MUST!
- You are committed to including parents, carers and families in the therapy process and genuinely see the value in this.
- You believe that the relationship you form with your clients is the key factor in effecting real change and you are willing to work hard to get to the core of problems with our families.
- You are a team player and want to be part of and contribute to a supportive, collaborative and dedicated team.
- You want to feel supported and valued for the work you do.
- You want to be part of a practice with a good reputation, that genuinely values clients and is committed to providing the best possible service.
- You are willing to get your name out there, to communicate with our valued referrers and to network with other professionals.
- You are willing to work outside of school hours. We will strive to strike the best possible balance between the needs of our clients and your availability.
This role is NOT for you if …
- You just want to come in, see your clients and then leave. To be succesful in private practice and be part of a wonderful team takes more than this!
- You want to 'test out' being in private practice. Private practice demands an additional set of skills to those required in government and non-government organisations. We can help you develop and hone these, however you need to be committed to learning this skill set.
What You Will Get
The successful applicant will be provided:
- All referrals/client case load
- Administrative support
- Practice support and private practice mentoring
- Clinical support and mentoring
- The benefits of being part of a stable team
- Good pay for good effort
The Role and Requirements
- Psychologist to provide psychotherapy to children, adolescents and their families.
- Contracted sessional work, commencing two days+ per week with the opportunity to increase.
- The role includes associated case-management, case-notes, report writing and communication with referrers.
- Registration with APHRA
- APS Membership or eligibility for same
- Registered Medicare provider or eligibility for same
- Professional Indemnity Insurance or eligibility for same
- Experience in the assessment and treatment of children, adolescents and their families with various presentations. Psychometric assessment skills are not required although some familiarity with testing is.
- Familiarity with developmental, systemic and trauma-informed frameworks.
- A "Yes" for the points outlined under "This role is for you…"
- Familiarity with client management software for record keeping
- User-level skills with computers and cloud-based programs
- Experience providing services through Medicare "Better Access to Mental Health Care" program
- Private practice experience