Position Title: Psychotherapy Educator
Classification: Clinical Psychologist
Location: Mental Health – Cumberland Campus
Employment Status: Temporary Part Time
Contact Name: Gregory De Moore
Closing Date: 29th May 2018
WSLHD is encouraging applications from Psychologists with an interest in teaching. This position of Psychotherapy Educator will promote high demonstrable standards of skill in psychotherapy for trainee psychiatrists, particularly in the area of cognitive-behaviour therapy as applied to the full range of psychiatric disorders.
In addition the Psychotherapy Educator will provide clinical support and case supervision for RANZCP trainees.
Criminal Record Check: National Check and Working with Children Check
Qualification: Fully registered psychologist with a Master’s degree or higher in Clinical Psychology, Clinical Neuropsychology or other recognised clinical area in psychology
Registration: Current Full Registration with AHPRA.
- Experience as a Clinical Psychologist with particular expertise in cognitive behaviour therapy as applied to the full range of psychiatric disorders. Psychological skills in other therapies would also be of great value.
- Demonstrated high level skills in supervision and mental health education, and a sound understanding of the health system as it applies to mental health services in NSW.
- An understanding of psychotherapy training and supervision requirements of the RANZCP.
- Sound understanding of clinical education and training concepts and practices and their application in the health sector, preferably with qualifications in education and teaching.
- High level oral and written communication, interpersonal and consultation skills, and an ability to build strong working relationships with stakeholders.
- Well-developed organisational skills, the ability to successfully manage competing issues and meet deadlines. Strong problem solving, analytical and evaluation skills and experience.
- Commitment to and evidence of ongoing Continuing Professional Development. Accredited supervisor (e.g. RANZCP or other as appropriate) with previous experience in the supervision and teaching of clinicians at varying levels of competence.
- Familiarity with RANZCP standards regarding examination requirements and in particular the case history requirements for Fellowship.
Please apply online by visiting the Western Sydney Local Health District Career Portaland searching for REQ40716