Coordinator, Family Violence
1.0 EFT or 0.8EFT Permanent Position
Job Reference No: VAC0504
· Leadership during an exciting period of growth
· Generous salary packaging
· ADOs – one day off per month
As one of the largest providers of male family violence services in the Bayside region, we are seeking an experienced and committed person to provide strong leadership to a team of family violence workers to ensure high quality client services are provided. The Star Health Family Violence Program has a strong focus on providing coordinated and holistic interventions through the provision of individual counselling and group programs to men, women and children. This team is in a period of considerable growth due to sector reform.
As a member of the Strengthening Communities leadership team, the Coordinator will support service delivery and staff development through clinical and administrative supervision for individuals and the team.
Applicants for the role are required to address the following key selection criteria briefly in their cover letter.
· Extensive experience leading teams who work with trauma
· Relevant management and supervisory experience including well developed and demonstrated clinical supervision skills
· Desirable - A pro-feminist approach to understanding and working with family violence and a demonstrated understanding of the social and gendered context of family violence and the impact of violence on women and children.
- Desirable - Sound understanding of theory and practice as it relates to working with men who use violence towards their partner and children, including demonstrated understanding and commitment to the values and philosophy underpinning Men’s Behaviour Change Programs
Who We Are
Star Health works in partnership with people and communities to promote and improve equity, health and wellbeing by delivering innovative client-directed services that take into account the context of the individual and the community, and championing prevention and change to address the structural reasons for health inequity.
Interested applicants must address the key selection criteria with a covering letter and complete our application form directly via our website http://www.starhealth.org.au/careers/current-vacancies/. For further information about this role, please contact Leah Vincent on 9066 1615.
For further information about this role, please contact Leah Vincent on 9066 1615.