12 Month Fixed Term Contract
To commence January 2019
Yarra Valley Grammar is a leading co-educational school in Ringwood from Early Learning to Year 12. In the Anglican tradition, we offer a quality learning environment based on Christian principles, and provide opportunities for the growth and development of each student.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a School Psychologist to join the Student Wellbeing Department on a 12 month fixed term contract, commencing in January 2019. This is a role that is integral to supporting the health and wellbeing of students of the school.
The successful applicant will:
- be registered as a psychologist by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- have experience in providing counseling services to students (Years 7-12);
- have relevant experience in counselling around a range of mental health issues, as well as school and behavioural issues
- have experience in conducting psycho-educational assessments
- write reports with effective recommendations and work collaboratively with those involved with the student
- liaise with staff and parents on strategies for students in need, ensuring the best care is provided
- assist in the preparation and delivery of pastoral programs that are consistent with the philosophy, policy and practice prescribed by the school.
The successful applicant must hold a current Working with Children Check.
Refer to the website www.yvg.vic.edu.au
for a detailed position description and Key Selection Criteria.
Applicants are advised that they need to clearly address the Key Selection Criteria in the position description.
For further information, contact Mrs Mara Vanderzeil on 9262 7700 who, due to school holidays, will be available after 2 October 2018.
Yarra Valley Grammar is a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.
Applications including a covering letter and CV with three referees, must be received by 4.00pm on Friday 12 October 2018 and addressed to: