- Fixed term until June 2019
- Part-time role based in Dandenong with some travel required between sites
- Neuropsychologist Grade 2
- Great Staff Benefits
- Make a difference and help create new types of services with young people and their families
Established in 2006, headspace is making a difference to the lives of thousands of young Australians in the area of youth mental health, by:
- Giving young Australians and their families the opportunity to seek help early
- Making it easier for young people and their families to access information
- Creating awareness and educating young people and their families about how to get help
headspace YEPP is one of the world’s most comprehensive Youth Early Psychosis Programs being delivered through one program in each Australian state. Through this new initiative, young people and their families have timely access to comprehensive evidence-based early psychosis services. This program aims to intervene early with young people who have unusual sensory experiences and/or beliefs and their families and supporters. The service builds on strengths and resilience, uses the wisdom of lived experience and fosters hope, potential, and recovery.
The neuropsychology position provides clinical neuropsychology services to young people at hYEPP. In this role, you will provide feedback on assessment and make recommendations to young people and their families/carers. You will also assist in identifying young people suitable for individual cognitive rehabilitation and/or group-based cognitive remediation programs.
In addition, you will provide individual cognitive rehabilitation and/or group-based cognitive remediation programs and evaluate the effectiveness of the rehabilitation via pre- and post-rehabilitation cognitive and psychometric assessments.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A masters or doctorate in clinical neuropsychology
- Registration as a psychologist with the Psychologists Board of Australia
- Endorsement as a clinical neuropsychologist or eligibility & willingness to enter into a registrar program to achieve endorsement
- Appropriate work visa
- Current Victorian Driver's License
- Current Working with Children Check or willing to obtain one
- Be willing to undergo a Background Check
- Access to Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives in addition to discounted health insurance
- Great work/life balance
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click on the link below, including your resume and cover letter.
Applications close Sunday 30th September 2018 at 11pm AEST
For more information regarding the position please contact Chris O'Halloran on ph: 0418 851 233