Values & Vision
ATSICHS Brisbane is a not-for-profit community owned health and human services organisation delivering on the unique health and wellbeing needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in greater Brisbane and Logan. We are the largest, most comprehensive Aboriginal Medical Health Service in Queensland.
Our services include medical and dental clinics, mums and bubs programs, an aged care facility, family and child safety services, foster and kinship care, social and emotional wellbeing services, kindergarten programs and a youth service.
We have five core values which shape the way that we work:
“Our vision for the future is that we are world leaders in Indigenous health and social support services provided in an urban setting.”
To do this we are focussing on four strategic priorities:
- Work smarter, work together
- Ensure easy to access services for every stage of life
- Champion healthy individuals and thriving families
- Build a strong and sustainable organisation.
About the Role
As a key member of the ATSICHS Brisbane team, the Psychologist is expected to personally contribute to the shaping and achievement of ATSICHS vision and goals within their own scope. The Psychologist will provide three (3) Key Functions
Provide a range of effective therapeutic interventions using established evidence-based techniques and methodologies of proven effectiveness that is adapted to the individual needs and treatment plan for each client. The role focuses on clients aged 12 and below.
Effectively manage and coordinate the service delivery model of case managed mental health, alcohol and other drugs and social needs of clients. The Psychologist will contribute in providing access and coordination to comprehensive support services to clients and their families, with the aim to achieve personal wellbeing as part of a holistic model of care.
Contribute to the Development of a Flourishing Team
Contribute and participate in a diverse and multi-discipline team that promotes a flourishing workplace culture and upholds the ethos and values of ATSICHS Brisbane as a long standing Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation.
- Qualifications in Psychology with registration by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (APHRA).
- Experience in working with child and adolescent clients.
- Demonstrated ability to apply a high level of clinical judgement and to prepare and present accurate reports relating to the outcome assessment and intervention of a client.
- Ability to work with a culturally and socially diverse group of clients, and to apply a culturally responsive framework to guide interventions, with the support of staff and management.
- Knowledge of, and demonstrated ability in the application of a variety of efficacious, scientifically-based psychology treatment approaches for clients whose presenting problems include: mental health problems (including personality disorders and mental illness), suicidal ideation/behaviour and self-harm, drug and/or alcohol abuse, long-term responses to trauma, and behavioural problems.
- Demonstrated ability to administer assessments and undertake special, comprehensive clinical assessments.
- Demonstrated ability to apply psychological assessment to both clinical formulation and the delivery of intensive therapeutic intervention to clients.
- Demonstrated experience in overseeing and coordinating case management processes and procedures.
- A willingness to travel across the ATSICHS Brisbane region of services and work across different sites.
- A willingness to provide therapeutic supports and engagement to patients outside of a clinic environment.
- Working with Children’s Card (Blue Card) or be eligible to apply
Desirable, but not mandatory:
Previous experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People
How can you apply?
Applications are to be submitted through the following Seek link:
Applications must be submitted before 26 October 2018
For any further enquiries please get in touch with our People and Culture Team through (07) 3240 8900