The Child Development Network (CDN) is seeking an enthusiastic, experienced, and self-motivated Clinical Psychologist to join our team in 2019 to provide clinical psychology treatment services for children and adolescents.
Hours are negotiable, but would ideally encompass at least 2 days per week once established.
About the CDN
The Child Development Network (CDN) is a private Brisbane-based multidisciplinary service. It has been designed intentionally to provide quality care for children and adolescents with developmental-behavioural and learning disorders.
Our consultation services include Developmental Paediatrics, Clinical Psychology and Neuropsychology, Speech Pathology and a set of Education Services including Literacy Care, Educational Technology and Neuroplasticity training. The CDN enjoys a strong, positive reputation in the Brisbane community.
The CDN is a great place to work. We are located in a 'cafe district', in the heart of Milton, an inner city riverside Brisbane suburb. We are proud of our reputation and enjoy collaborating, with an emphasis on the efficient and effective longitudinal care of children and adolescents.
Working at the CDN
All CDN clinicians are self-employed, operating their private practice within the organisation under a service agreement.
The CDN structure allows our professionals to collaborate around the care of the children and adolescents we see, and to learn from each other.
In addition, for those who wish to consolidate their future in this area, the potential exists after an appropriate period of time with us to possibly join the business partnership as a co-director.
The successful applicant will have the following:
· The training and experience necessary to manage complex clinical challenges across a range of ages and presenting issues, with the flexibility to use a variety of treatment strategies to meet the individual needs of the child or adolescent.
· A solid understanding of relevant theoretical and practical matters, including child development, attachment, cognitive behaviour therapy, and acceptance and commitment therapy.
· Willingness to work with children and adolescents in an empowering and ecological manner, collaborating with schools and other people involved in the care of the child or adolescent.
· Enjoy working with children and adolescents to understand and address complex developmental, behavioural and emotional needs.
· Value working within networks of care that include Paediatricians and other professionals at the CDN.
· Enjoy a challenge.
· Be able to work independently, building up your own practice via internal and external referrals.
· Be willing to work within the values of the CDN.
- Completion of relevant postgraduate studies in Clinical Psychology
- Full Registration as a Psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioner Registration Agency
For further information
For further information about our service, please refer to our website: http://cd.net.au
How to apply
Please apply via email to Lee Hearn: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 11thJanuary 2019. Applications should include your CV and a letter about yourself and your interest in this position.