- Ongoing role commencing term 2
- 3 days per week
A leading independent, coeducational school in the heart of Melbourne's fast-growing west, Westbourne's innovative learning culture is underpinned by a strong tradition of academic excellence and student achievement. Working at Westbourne means you will be welcomed into a supportive community where you will be part of a thriving culture of professional growth and advancement.
Westbourne seeks applications from experienced and qualified Psychologists who support the school's vision and values. This is an excellent ongoing part time opportunity (3 days per week), where you will provide high quality, short-term counselling service to students, as well as offer advice and guidance to parents and staff in matters relating to their wellbeing.
Reporting directly to the Head of Senior School, you will refer to outside agencies if long term counselling is required, provide input to the Wellbeing Program and contribute to classroom workshops on topics such as mental health and social skills.
You will be passionate about supporting adolescent development and have a minimum of 3 years experience working as a Psychologist, ideally in a school environment.
To be successful, you will also:
- Be a registered Psychologist under the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (APHRA); with eligibility for membership of the Australian Psychological Society
- Have a demonstrated knowledge of and skills in the administration of various Psycho-educational assessment tools; e.g., WISC-V, WIAT-III, BASC, SRS
- Be able to conduct special assessments of cognitive, emotional and behavioural needs
- Be able to work effectively with students and their families from Year 7 to Year 12, and apply a range of evidence-based interventions and counselling appropriate for different issues and stages of development
What's on offer
The school is easy to get to being only a 20-minute drive from the City and 40 minutes from Geelong.
Committed to achieving the best possible outcomes for the school, Westbourne Grammar's professional, non-teaching staff are members of a highly valued, dedicated and well-resourced team.
If this sounds like the next step you've been looking for, please apply now.
To apply for this job go to: www.westbourne.recruitmenthub.com.au & enter ref code: 4614028.
Applications close 29 March 2019