Our vision is that people, everywhere in our community, will experience the power of inclusion through relationships, voice and action.
Our mission is to assist people to reach their potential through innovative and people-focused services.
Our values celebrate inclusiveness and opportunity. Our five core values are Accountability, Equity, Innovation, Integrity and being Participant and young-people focused.
Our Therapeutic Services team is seeking a passionate, flexible and professional Psychologist/Social worker with Therapeutic knowledge and experience for our growing practice in Rosehill. You need to have recognised qualifications and experience as a Psychologist and or Social Worker and have a current or pending registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Registration Agency (AHPRA) or the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW). We are also happy to consider a Provisional Psychologist with a minimum of 12 months experience and registration.
We are a unique practice who strives on truly meeting client needs. We engage with clients from early childhood to late adulthood and are committed to best practice and great clinical outcomes. We work closely with Foster Care services, clients funded under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and are registered NDIS and Medicare providers. We are seeking someone who can develop, implement and evaluate behaviour management strategies and services to support people with complex needs to live a good life, with the aim of reducing or eliminating restrictive practices.
The Perfect candidate
- Demonstrated experience and well developed skills in working effectively with people across all age groups with a range of psychological and behavioural support needs.
- Experience in providing training of behavior management strategies, working closely with individuals, families, carers, guardians and other significant people to build capacity and a quality of life that reflects and enhances an individual’s choice and control.
- A minimum of two (2) years developing and writing Positive Behaviour Support plans.
- Demonstrated experience in providing individual counselling and or therapy to people across all age groups.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting a range of assessments utilising a broad range of frameworks.
- Ability to collaborate with key stakeholders to achieve positive outcomes for individuals, families, carers, guardians and others and work as part of a team.
- Ability to be able to travel to provide services from a number of locations and settings.
- A resourceful and motivated personality who can thrive in a busy, target driven environment.
The successful applicant will have access to:
- Circa $83,939 - Higher pay points may be applicable based on qualifications and or experience + $15,900 tax free pay per fringe benefit year (Full-time and based on experience).
- Fully serviced vehicle included. Pay a contribution.
- Professional development opportunities of minimum $2000 per year.
- Negotiated extra leave of up to four (4) weeks
- Flexible work arrangements and opportunities to work from home.
How to apply
Confidential enquiries can be made by contacting Helen Anglias on 0437739264
When applying, please ensure you include a cover letter, resume and address the essential selection criteria as part of your application.
To apply and view the Position Description please click on the 'apply now' button below or visit our website: www.challengecommunity.org.au
Challenge Community Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds.