We are seeking expressions of
interest from Allied Health Practitioners including clinical psychologists,
general psychologists, social workers and occupational therapists who are
experienced in providing high quality, evidence-based interventions to young
people aged 12-25 for our headspace centre. headspace centres are a ‘one stop
shop’ with an enthusiastic and dedicated team of co-located service providers,
offering comprehensive support to young people in the four core areas of:
primary health, mental health, drug and alcohol services, and
Working under the MBS model you will
be providing psychological services to young people aged between 12-25. headspace
offers a range of supports including a full suite of administrative support, an
Intake and Assessment team, clinical consult via our Clinical Lead and
Administrative support includes
sourcing of client referrals, client bookings, reschedules, and billing;
leaving you to focus on the provision of psychological services for your
clients. Our intake and assessment team provide initially screening and
assessments of client’s suitability to the service prior to being booked with
the Allied Health Practitioner. Clinical support such as secondary consult,
risk management, clinical governance support, and supervision is offered via
our Clinical Lead. Clients are also able to access our GP and Psychiatrist for
medical reviews as needed.
- Approved tertiary qualifications in psychology, social work,
occupational therapy and current registration with appropriate professional
- Professional indemnity insurance.
- Eligibility to provide Medicare Benefits Schedule services.
- Minimum of two years of experience in the assessment, diagnosis
and provision of evidence-based treatments of mental health disorders and
- Excellent skills in engaging and working with young people, their
families and significant others.
- Ability to work independently, with strong organisational and time
- Commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Working with children check.
- Willingness to undergo a police records check.