Educational & Developmental / Clinical Psychologist or Senior Psychologist
F/T or P/T- Sydney and Wollongong
Positions in Sydney, Wollongong. View all roles: https://childpsychologist.com.au/about-us/employment/
Over the past 12 years, the Quirky Kid team has grown from two passionate founders to a world-class team of psychologists, educators, designers, authors, illustrators, app developers and so much more.Our clinics and workspaces are filled with inspiration, knowledge and our unstoppable commitment to our mission – to support children and families around the world to reach their full potential.
Quirky Kid continues to grow, develop and evolve. As a result, we are seeking Child Psychologists who share Quirky Kid’s passion to be part of something special – Together we make amazing things happen.
So, come and join us!
We’re looking for like-minded colleagues with inspired thinking, a modern approach and a positive mindset to join our relaxed, welcoming and well-resourced clinics in Sydney (Woollahra).
To offer parents, children and educators practical strategies and support to overcome complex issues at home and/or school, including emotional regulation, anxiety, parental separation, learning difficulties, ASD traits, suicide ideation and social difficulties.
- To assess and potentially diagnose using psychometric tools (e.g., WISC-V, SB-5, WIAT-II, CBCL, ABAS-3, ADOS-2 and CRS).
- To produce reports of the highest standard for parents and the Family Court of Australia, if required.
- To delight your clients with your attention to detail and your commitment to achieving their therapeutic goals using effective evidence-based intervention.
- To empower children and families by advocating on their behalf at case conferences, if required.
- To deliver our award winning workshops and programs for children and parents and professional development to colleagues
- To work within the structure of billable hours by ensuring consultations, school observations, case conferences, test administration and reports are completed within agreed timeframes.
Benefits and Remuneration package
- Salary range $86,000 to $111,000 p.a plus superannuation and entitlements (based on meeting position criteria and location), pro-rata.
- To be part of a generous and enthusiastic clinical with over 30 hours of regular peer supervision and PD opportunities.
- To be part of the dynamic QK culture where your insights, individuality and loyalty are highly valued.
- To see opportunities for growth within QK and be prepared to lead inspiring programs and projects impacting young people.
- To consult with a maximum of six clients per day.
Your Qualifications & Experience:
- Fully Registered with the Psychology Board of Australia
- Disarable: Eligible for APS College of Clinical Psychologists or APS College of Educational and Developmental Psychologists\
- 5 years+ experience in diverse paediatric mental health and/or educational contexts predominantly with primary-school aged clients.
- An ability to develop a genuine rapport with a broad range of children and parents who may be experiencing stress
- Patient, flexible and committed to seeking solutions
- Able to work a minimum of 16 hours a week in Sydney or Wollongong.
- Able to work independly.
Address your CV and cover letter to Dr Kimberley O’Brien
Email: email@example.com - Phone: 02 9362 9297.
To Apply: https://childpsychologist.com.au/about-us/employment/
About Quirky Kid
We’re one of Australia’s leading Child, Adolescent and Family Psychology Clinics and passionately committed to providing clients with the highest standard of service delivery. Quirky Kid is a member of the University of Wollongong business incubator program, ‘iAccelerate’. We operate clinical spaces in Sydney and Austinmer with a new clinic opening soon in Canberra.
You may also know of Quirky Kid as an award-winning publisher of unique therapeutic resources for young people and families. These include Face it cards, Tell Me A Story cards and the popular programs, Power Up™, The Best of Friends® and BaseCamp which are used in schools around Australia and overseas.